[Powertab/Midi] Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb

PDA

View Full Version : [Powertab/Midi] Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb

hthedinga
10-07-2006, 05:30 PM
I think the ones in my signature are better, so if you like this one at all, you should check out those.

RedDeath9
10-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey that was pretty cool. The intro was alright, nothing too special. It started to get pretty good at around bar 36. I really liked bar 50 and on. Overall 8/10.

Crit mine? It's in the sig.

EDIT: Well not anymore, here's the link.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445715

I'll crit some of your other stuff later. :)

Stolenidentity1
10-07-2006, 10:43 PM
i agree, its gets amazing around 36, im my own bass cause yours is boring (no offense) still love the song its great just like your others :)

pm me your email, and i can send my bass part when im done

DarkSonata
10-08-2006, 01:34 AM
I loved it. I haven't posted anything here in a while, mostly because school takes up so much time, but I think Ill start again just because this is so good it inspired me.

Night_Lights
10-08-2006, 06:28 AM
i started liking it more as the song went on, though nothing can top Idle Wing. that song just pwns everything.

rodrigomierh
10-08-2006, 05:05 PM
awesome. i like how the song flows. i makes you more interested everytime. good job

crit mine? its on my sig. thanks

Schecter86
10-08-2006, 06:20 PM
finally, someone i recognize on here, lol, i liked it a lot, it flowed really well, and at the same time, kinda outside of the box, like said before, it really picked up at bars 36 and 50. You, Dark Sonata, and Humanities Death should post more stuff, i miss listening to your guys stuff, they really made me push my self cause they were just so damn good, lol, nice job! crit any of mine if you wish, there all in my sig, thanks!

Fatt Sorum
10-08-2006, 09:46 PM
wow, that was cool, the breakdown from bar 50 onwards was extremely well written, the minor chords with the extra minor 3th as a root (sorry for speaking so techinically - its like this - X476XX) worked well with the stacatto piece

crit mine? (in sig)

Spark1284
10-09-2006, 02:44 AM
wow that was really good, it was short and that depressed me. i think the clean area could use some work on the rhythm, cuz it just wasnt sinkin in for me, but as soon as the electric part jumped in it was amazing, and the solo was just ****in awesome. i wouldnt change a damn thing. killer, keep it up

hthedinga
10-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Stolenidentity1: yeah, i had meant to go back to the bass line and just use that as the groundwork of it, but forgot. it could be better of course, but with all that's going on with the guitars, it doesn't need to be that complicated. i'd like to hear yours though and maybe i'll make changes to this one.

DarkSonata: yeah, i have little time for this anymore, this is actually some old stuff that i just added a little too. not as polished as the past few i've submittied. that's quite the compliment though. thanks.

Night_Lights: haha, idlewing. you've heard the recorded version of that haven't you? hopefully i'll be able to suprise you some day with something better than that one.

Schecter86: thanks a lot. i have little time, but i'll see what i can do about getting to yours.

Fatt Sorum: yeah, i'm not sure about the theory lingo you're using (i know theory - i just don't understand what you're saying), but yeah, i like that chord you mentioned too.

Spark1284: thank you kindly. i really want to make some longer stuff. this was actually something i made a while ago and just added a bit to.

rkay
10-12-2006, 02:13 PM
ur a good writer, how old r u?

SGxMastodonxSG
10-13-2006, 12:37 AM
Amazing. I loved the solo.
Your a ****ing genious, man.

aprescott_27
10-13-2006, 12:22 PM
The only thing I would change about the song is the ending. I don't like the whole ending on a climax thing. Maybe go back to the first part with the jazz guitar before ending.

On the same note. The resolution from the 3rd-to-last bar to the 2nd-to last bar was AWESOME! I know it's just a V-I resolution, but it seemed so much more awesome than usual. Excellent work! Loved it. I'm going to listen to it again I liked it so much.

Crit some of my stuff? Links are in my sig, newest is at the bottom.

HumanitysDeath
10-16-2006, 06:16 PM
I liked every little bit of that.
Except the part where it ended, and I had to close powertab.
Seriously, it sounded like it ended abruptly. There is definately room to add on here, and I really think you should look into doing so.
Other than that, great job. Love it.

edit:
finally, someone i recognize on here, lol, i liked it a lot, it flowed really well, and at the same time, kinda outside of the box, like said before, it really picked up at bars 36 and 50. You, Dark Sonata, and Humanities Death should post more stuff, i miss listening to your guys stuff, they really made me push my self cause they were just so damn good, lol, nice job! crit any of mine if you wish, there all in my sig, thanks!
Aww. I feel loved.
I got banned not too long ago, and after that, I was anti-UG.
I have been working on some stuff lately, so I think I'll post some of it.
This forum has always helped push me in the right direction.
<3

hthedinga
10-18-2006, 07:27 PM
rkay: i'm an old man...just turned 21.

SGxMastodonxSG: thanks.

aprescott_27: yeah, i don't like the ending either. it's pretty much that way due to the way i wrote the song, which is really jumping around the song, adding to it until i was stuck. glad you liked it though. i'll see what i can do about getting to your songs.

HumanitysDeath: ha, thanks. might just add on to it one of these days.

hthedinga
10-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Here's the bassline Stolenidentity1 came up with. In short, I don't like it, haha. Not be to harsh, but maybe I'll make a new one. What do you think?

gutsman
10-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Wow great stuff man. You take all these chord progressions and make them flow so well to eachother, not a moment of your song was I bored

and about the basslines, the second one seems to have some off-notes (or maybe they're intended that way). it's cool but the first one suits the song better in my opinion

ouchies
10-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Here's the bassline Stolenidentity1 came up with. In short, I don't like it, haha. Not be to harsh, but maybe I'll make a new one. What do you think?

i dont like that bass line at all

Stolenidentity1
10-23-2006, 08:30 PM
meh whatever, i didnt start writing on my bass till line 34 the rest i did at mid-night, it really the only thing i like bout my bassline anyway, i could fix some parts but once again i wrote most of it late, and oh well /wrist

ouchies
10-23-2006, 10:33 PM
i really would like a recording of this one. i think its my favorite of all of your songs, even though you might not think so :3. i downloaded your other songs and put them on my ipod hehe

pinion18
10-26-2006, 09:40 PM
The bass is a little agressive in the beginning, and goes haywire throughout the song with a mind of it's own, while so much of the melody and character in the composition are in those simple guitar parts. Even if you want to have melodic bass, slow it down a bit, decrease the volume, and have it compliment the feel without standing out. Moving to the original composition minus bass: I have heard all of your compositions from this forum, and your gift with simplicity and minimalism is so rare and enlightening. Haven was absolutely astounding for such a straightforward piece, and this song brings me most back to that. I can tell you love your beautiful clean guitar riffs, and melodic guitar leads that would challenge a symphony orchestra in power, as much as we do. 10/10, Write more often.