Post-Hardcore/Experimental? (GP5+Midi)

PDA

View Full Version : Post-Hardcore/Experimental? (GP5+Midi)

RedDeath9
10-07-2006, 06:41 PM
This is a song that I came up with about 3 days ago. I was going to have it in powertab too, but without drums it gets really repetative. I'm not sure if I want that little acoustic intro there either. Kinda bland... Enjoy.

Oh yeah, it's not finished yet, still needs an interlude and a final chorus.

EDIT: The name was kind of random, didn't bother changing it... (Well not anymore, I changed it)

EDIT2: New version, it's finished. Lots of edits, I still haven't out the acoustic intro... But I will, sometime.

EDIT3: Acoustic intro gone, minor changes, almost final version.

kevinm4435
10-07-2006, 07:08 PM
I really like it . The acoustic part is tasteful and a good addition. This is the kind of post-Hardcore music I would listen to.

Csquared1001
10-07-2006, 07:50 PM
it's good for post hardcore although i'm not really a fan of that genre. 8/10

RedDeath9
10-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah I'm not really sure if this is post-hardcore or not... I just kind of put that because it was influenced by Thrice...

Fallenblood
10-08-2006, 07:55 AM
It sounds absolutely great! It's a bit repetitive at times, but with vocals, it's really goinjg to be a good song. Got any lyrics for it?

irishmatt1992
10-08-2006, 02:15 PM
that was ****ing insane!!! you're a genius!

RedDeath9
10-08-2006, 05:40 PM
It sounds absolutely great! It's a bit repetitive at times, but with vocals, it's really goinjg to be a good song. Got any lyrics for it?

No. Lol, if I tried writing lyrics they would suck, believe me...

Fatt Sorum
10-08-2006, 09:19 PM
cool,
i think the distorted intro was a bit bland, and the verse melody guitar sounded out of time
i loved the pre-chorus and chorus, well-written and well-executed

overall, 7/10

By the way - I'm kicking your ass on music rivals :haha
http://www.musicrivals.com/game/profile.php?viewid=760

RedDeath9
10-08-2006, 10:55 PM
cool,
i think the distorted intro was a bit bland, and the verse melody guitar sounded out of time
i loved the pre-chorus and chorus, well-written and well-executed

overall, 7/10

By the way - I'm kicking your ass on music rivals :haha
http://www.musicrivals.com/game/profile.php?viewid=760

Lol, yeah I just started, but I'm pretty sure I'm not doing well. You need to help me! :(

Mascot
10-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Chord changes are boring. . . add some rhythm.

Bass is boring. . . add some rhythm.

Drums are boring. . . use them to add color, not keep time. When they first come in, it's so bland.

Overall, it's good - just a lot of boring stuff in the beginning. I understand your approach in the beginning, but it's still dull.

xxgenocide98xx
10-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Chord changes are boring. . . add some rhythm.

Bass is boring. . . add some rhythm.

Drums are boring. . . use them to add color, not keep time. When they first come in, it's so bland.

Overall, it's good - just a lot of boring stuff in the beginning. I understand your approach in the beginning, but it's still dull.

Yeah.. I basically thought the same thing.

I checked it out and basically it was like... The bass is sitting there playing some melody and I'm like "why isnt the guitar doing this?"

The acoustic intro seemed long and drawn out and completely unessicary.

It just seemed kinda bland, to me. Too forced. Expand your musical horizons and keep playing to better express yourself.

Its not much but its a start. keep it up.

RedDeath9
10-10-2006, 07:28 PM
New version everyone, it's basically finished. I'm still thinking about adding to some stuff. I changed the drums a lot... and I'm going to take out the acoustic intro sometime, and maybe replace it with something on the Rhodes Piano :P.

EDIT: OK, I was just working on another version, I changed the whole intro, and made a little bit of other changes.

hthedinga
10-10-2006, 09:16 PM
doing this as i listen. haha, your intro is better than mine :). nice work on the bass line. maybe it could be quarter then 6 eights at some points, you might've done that, can't hear it. liked the transition to heavy. i like the riff that starts off with that downward slide. pretty catchy. i like how there are a lot of different ideas and just when you think it's just part after different part, you get something familiar. i don't know, it is what it is. not really a style i follow, but nonetheless good. maybe a little unorganized or maybe not, this is only after one listen, so it could be a good way or organizing it for lasting value. my apologies if there's not a lot of useful things there, but i did listen to the whole thing, which says something. thanks for the critique of mine and i'm glad you're going to check out my other stuff.

SGxMastodonxSG
10-10-2006, 10:06 PM
I really like the new intro. Although, I guess I was one of the few who liked the old Acoustic intro, this new one is pretty freaking sick.
One problem I hear is the transition from 4/4 to 5/4 early on. That acoustic riff is gold, but the distorted riff just before it in 5/4...Iunno, just doesn't sound right to me, but wutever.
The part where the Piano and guitars are playing whole notes and the bass is playing the verse riff sounds very cool.

I like the song overall, it's catchy, yet keeps you on your feet.

nexteyenate
10-10-2006, 10:11 PM
that song was very interesting and held my attention very well. 9/10
Crit Mine? in my sig