submitting tabs

PDA

View Full Version : submitting tabs

MemaG
10-08-2006, 10:28 AM
when submitting a tab in say chord form is it possible to drop them in as a saved text file and possably edit if needed :confused: :confused: rather than typing the whole thing out again :confused:

jmilli2
10-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Copy and paste?

DownInAHole.
10-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah, thats what I do sometimes.

sonixon
10-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Copy and paste it.

zache57
10-09-2006, 03:44 PM
why would a tab get denied, like if it isn't a copy of another tab why would it get denied

FrenchyFungus
10-09-2006, 09:52 PM
If it included lyrics, I believe it could be denied
Also, if it was obviously incorrect
Or if there were already lots of tabs for that song, especially highly rated ones

Pan-Tallica
10-23-2006, 08:02 AM
^ Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a way. I think you go to "My Account" (top right of the page), and from there you can manage your contributions under "My Contributions".

Not sure about that, though.

MemaG
10-28-2006, 01:10 PM
many thanx

heroyuki
10-31-2006, 05:14 AM
pano po mag submit ng hindi na dedenied

Nofate1313
03-05-2009, 05:34 PM

Really? Is that like a copyright issue? Just wondering 'cause I thought I read somewhere on the site that that was a good thing (maybe that was just for the chords, idk) This is my first post, so I guess I'll also ask another question related to this that I can't seem to find the answer for. (lotsa searching :eek: haha)

Is there somewhere I can find out the rules for submitting chords (for example, acoustic rhythms) . I'm mainly curious if there are any format guidelines that will make it more likely for my tab and chord submissions to be accepted and posted? I just started tabbing and since I've always bitched about wrong tabs n' such, I figured this is my opportunity to contribute something. Any help on htis would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

aig91
03-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Really? I have tons of chords with lyrics. The lyrics aren't always necessary for tabs, but it seems like chords don't get accepted without them. :shrug:

Really? Is that like a copyright issue? Just wondering 'cause I thought I read somewhere on the site that that was a good thing (maybe that was just for the chords, idk) This is my first post, so I guess I'll also ask another question related to this that I can't seem to find the answer for. (lotsa searching :eek: haha)

Is there somewhere I can find out the rules for submitting chords (for example, acoustic rhythms) . I'm mainly curious if there are any format guidelines that will make it more likely for my tab and chord submissions to be accepted and posted? I just started tabbing and since I've always bitched about wrong tabs n' such, I figured this is my opportunity to contribute something. Any help on htis would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

This thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816400) has some good guidelines to follow for submitting tabs. You can also post in that thread if a tab was denied and you want to know the reason behind the rejection.

This article (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/the_guide_to/a_beginners_guide_to_making_tabs_and_chords.html) also has a short section about chords and what they should look like if you're planning on submitting them.

There's not any rule about including acoustic rhythms as far as I know. You can choose to include it or to leave it out. It's up to you. As long as it's understandable.

Good luck! :cheers:

is it possible to delete tabs you have submitted?
I know this post is old, but I feel the need to answer it anyway to avoid any confusion from others who may be reading this.

You cannot delete your contributions once they have been accepted. However, you can edit them. Go into My Contributions (http://my.ultimate-guitar.com/main.php?mode=contributions) and click the [ u! ] next to the tab you want to edit in the tabs section.