MOD questions

PDA

View Full Version : MOD questions

jakemac
10-08-2006, 11:47 AM
OK i dont know if this is allowed if it isnt then just tell me but i just want to know, is there a thread where i can find out about MODs and stuff, if there is one can you please give me a link, if not then could you answer some questions i have please.

1. How did you become a MOD (not saying Im trying to become one).
2. What can MODs ban us for.
3. Once you become a MOD can you yourself get banned.
4. Once you become a MOD do you become a MOD permanently.

Please help me out I've just always wondered.

timi_hendrix
10-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Read the FAQ...

Tenacious_dex
10-08-2006, 11:51 AM
1- Mods become mods because they're helpful and stuff.
2- They can ban you for for breaking the rules. (Found in the FAQ).
3- You can if you start breaking rules and the like.
4- No.

FrenchyFungus
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
1. Being helpful, posting regularly, not spamming etc.
2. Anything they want lol. However, they will only ban you if you break the rules. The most common reasons are spamming, multi accounts and unnecessary flaming.
3. Yes, but it's happened, like, once, since generally the mods are the people who aren't ever going to do something banworthy.
4. No, you can quit, say if you don't have the time etc.

MidnightThunder
10-10-2006, 11:16 AM
OK i dont know if this is allowed if it isnt then just tell me but i just want to know, is there a thread where i can find out about MODs and stuff, if there is one can you please give me a link, if not then could you answer some questions i have please.

1. How did you become a MOD (not saying Im trying to become one).
2. What can MODs ban us for.
3. Once you become a MOD can you yourself get banned.
4. Once you become a MOD do you become a MOD permanently.

Please help me out I've just always wondered.

First of all, thanks for asking these questions. I have one to add tho....what do you have to do to become a mod? I would like to eventually be one. I still have an ego because one of my very 1st posts made it to the archives! WOOOHOO! No ego, but happy LOL.

I have heard of other types of boards just like this one (except different subjects other than guitar), and people of any topic like to go there to have fun. Here it is to learn, have fun, and make friends. I actually left a "general chat" community because the mods got power happy and were making everyone miserable for no reason. They had trouble realizing it was only a website and they were not state police. I am glad that is not the case here. I RESPECT the people here that work hard to keep it going, and would like to contribute also. Due to my injury all I have to do is play guitar and be online for a very long time, so if I can help....please let me know. I would love to learn everything I can about this site and help out. So PM me if someone would like to take me up on this.

FrenchyFungus
10-10-2006, 11:17 AM
By posting regularly and helpfully, not spamming etc.

yawn
10-10-2006, 01:40 PM
By posting regularly and helpfully, not spamming etc.And not asking how to become one.

Three cheers for irony!

FrenchyFungus
10-10-2006, 01:42 PM
She never asked to be a mod.

She asked how you do become one.

yawn
10-10-2006, 01:43 PM
She never asked to be a mod.

She asked how you do become one.Ah...

Curse you for being so perceptive :mad:

lespaul_rentals
10-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Good questions. Thanks frenchyfungus for answering them, too.

I, personally, have always thought it would be nice to be a mod for this site. Not because of the power, or anything, but I just feel like since Zappp and Casualty01 have done so much for this generation of musicians, it just seems so babyish to post on their site, and do nothing to help them out. You know what I mean?

It's cool, though. I love this site; it's by far my favorite website on the entire Internet. I'll just do my part by helping out my fellow members, and submit reviews, etc. Be the best member I can, you know?

Thanks to all the mods who make this a great place to be.

MidnightThunder
10-10-2006, 08:10 PM
And not asking how to become one.

Three cheers for irony!

Yeah I read that in the pit rules after I posted, forgive me. I guess I blew it huh..... oh well. Rock on.

Mild Vibe
10-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Good questions. Thanks frenchyfungus for answering them, too.

I, personally, have always thought it would be nice to be a mod for this site. Not because of the power, or anything, but I just feel like since Zappp and Casualty01 have done so much for this generation of musicians, it just seems so babyish to post on their site, and do nothing to help them out. You know what I mean?

It's cool, though. I love this site; it's by far my favorite website on the entire Internet. I'll just do my part by helping out my fellow members, and submit reviews, etc. Be the best member I can, you know?

Thanks to all the mods who make this a great place to be.

You are a :kissass: :p:

But yeah, I've wonderded these also, but was always too sheepesh to ask. Thanks for clearing this all up.

cokeisbetter
10-11-2006, 03:14 PM
If you want a great example of a banned mod, just ask somebody who's been here awhile about A7Xownz. Oh man.

Pan-Tallica
10-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I want to know what happened to eeyoredragon.Hmm, I couldn't answer that in full detail, but I'm pretty sure he's just been extremely busy lately, so he was demoted to a regular mod.

If you'r easking about why he was banned for a while, I have no idea.

IndieMetalhead
10-12-2006, 04:53 AM
I asked Doug in the chat a while back. I can't honestly remember, but it was mostly because he was too busy i think? No idea.

dobzilla, eeyores been a mod for longer than i've been here.

hamett91
10-12-2006, 06:29 AM
Hmm, I couldn't answer that in full detail, but I'm pretty sure he's just been extremely busy lately, so he was demoted to a regular mod.
Didn't redwing quit too?

Pan-Tallica
10-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Didn't redwing quit too?As far as I know, yes he did...

wahappen
10-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Eeyore is just fine. He moved across state, started a new job and is just busy in general. For a while he didn't even have internet access. Yes, he is still a mod... I'm sure that the 'banned' thingy is just a joke.

paintITblack39
10-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Davey once said that Cas banned eeyore because he had ass cancer :haha.

kirbyrocknroll
10-12-2006, 09:36 AM
As far as I know, yes he did...
Redwing said he is resigning for now, as he has been very busy. See the sticky in MT for more details :)

EDIT: The thread is un-sticky-ed.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427614&highlight=replacement

There it is. I wonder if he will become a mod when he returns though.

BassSurfer
10-12-2006, 09:36 AM
must of been something really bad for a mod to get banned.. wow

IndieMetalhead
10-12-2006, 10:00 AM
must of been something really bad for a mod to get banned.. wow

haha no. eeyores been around for ages, its probably a joke.

Draken
10-12-2006, 11:07 AM
What happened to Silent Deftone, Him and Cas were such a good couple and i miss lazyguitar he was awesome. He had a doughboy avatar ffs.

FrenchyFungus
10-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Deffy moved to University, he's been on UG about twice since.

Must just be busy/have limited internet access.

jakemac
10-12-2006, 02:39 PM
just one more thing.
1. Who decides who becomes a MOD.
2. Who is the main person on UG who has the final say on everything no matter what.
3. Who was the first MOD ever.

hamett91
10-12-2006, 02:44 PM
1. I think the Mods vote a person in.
2.Zappp
3.I'm assuming Zappp

divid3d
10-12-2006, 05:12 PM
just one more thing.
1. Who decides who becomes a MOD.
2. Who is the main person on UG who has the final say on everything no matter what.
3. Who was the first MOD ever.

1. current mods and cc's make the suggestions, with the admins having the final say.
2. zappp. he owns and runs the site.
3. as above.

unluCKY...