I've been warned for no reason

PDA

View Full Version : I've been warned for no reason

Strat_Monkey
10-09-2006, 06:17 AM
I posted in a thread a couple of days ago, (one about Alice In Chains in the UG Contribution forum) and received a warning for "bumping a thread for no reason" despite the fact that I was replying directly to something someone else had posted .

I dunno if there's anything that can be done about this, I just felt like complaining to someone. Seriously though, it didn't seem like an unreasonable thing to say, and I'm pretty pissed off about it.

twistedmaggot
10-09-2006, 06:25 AM
was tge thread posted awhile ago? you might have ressurected it or something? or the mods are just bored =p

Rankles
10-09-2006, 06:29 AM
You bumped a month old thread and contributed nothing.

Warning was justified.

punksurf30
10-09-2006, 06:58 AM
another case of power gone to the head of moderators...what is UG coming to?!

fronkpies
10-09-2006, 07:17 AM

:rolleyes:

Theres not much excuse for bumping a month old thread for no .

Strat_Monkey
10-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Well I think the whole warning thing is damn stupid anyway. I realise I'm playing with fire here, but what the hell. Do people never say anything unnecessary? Do we gag them when they do?

IndieMetalhead
10-09-2006, 04:15 PM
its not stupid. im pretty sure pre 2005ish it was a 'one time and you're gone' thing

Strat_Monkey
10-09-2006, 04:30 PM
It is. I've been on forums without mods that functioned fine, and, to reiterate my previous point, I've lived in the real world for about 19 years and thus have learnt to deal with people being stupid some of the time.

IndieMetalhead
10-09-2006, 04:39 PM
erm, i've been around for 18 years (OMG) and i can make more sense than you. a forum without mods must be a very, very small forum. a forum this large without mods would theoretically implode.

use some logic

DownInAHole.
10-09-2006, 05:10 PM
It was my thread and I did'nt even care. It did'nt seem to me like you were "bumping" it. The only reason I can say you got warned is because I said the column was'nt my work and you sort of restated that in a rude way.

Rankles
10-09-2006, 05:40 PM

Yes, the site has changed so much in all your weeks of being.

Anyways, the forum is being run fine. I never got a warning, and neither have many regulars who have been here years. Funny that.

fronkpies
10-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Anyways, the forum is being run fine. I never got a warning, and neither have many regulars who have been here years. Funny that.

:cheers:

Pussy

Dont ban me..

Pan-Tallica
10-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Why are you so bent out of shape about it? It's one warning, your first in almost three years here. It's not exactly like it ruins your chances of become a moderator, because you already seem to have a dismal attitude towards the UG team.

I'm honestly having trouble seeing what the problem is. :confused:

Strat_Monkey
10-10-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm just pissed that I got a warning for such a lame reason, that's all. Look, even the guy who's thread it was and who I was being mean too doesn't give a damn.

wahappen
10-10-2006, 06:14 PM
* Yawn *