Guitar Gear and Customising Forum.

PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Gear and Customising Forum.

buzz
10-09-2006, 06:44 AM
Hello all.
In the gear customising thread there is a really irritating problem.
for any of the good projects threads (such as a guitar build thread) it is always absolutely flooded with posts and it makes it impossible to actually find where the info pics etc of the project are.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192705

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225347

those two threads have been on this site forever (almost) but i have never had the motivation to swamp through 50 pages of drivel for a few nuggets of gold.
hope iv made my point clear.
i suggest stripping down those threads and others like them and putting them in a new thread or something.that way the real anal people on here can still examine each and every postwhereas your average joe can just view the project with its info.

CHEERS!!

FrenchyFungus
10-09-2006, 07:20 AM
You could use Adavnced Search, ype the threadstarters user name in the top right box, the thread name in the top left box, choose "Search thread Titles" then click "View as posts near the bottom"

Actually, that doesn't work, it doesn't appear to search thread titles.

Strange

dave293
10-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Having all threads like that pruned of all unneeded posts and archived (when finished!) would be great, and having a thread linking to all useful threads.
In reality this probably won't happen as this would be a huge job for the mods and they probably don't have the time or even the motivation to do so, understandably.

azn_guitarist25
10-09-2006, 09:37 AM
you could try asking the ts to post link or page numbers to which pages have the pictures on them

buzz
10-09-2006, 08:23 PM
or maybe the huge threads can remain and there can be a subsection in the thread or something to show just the important stuff?

ANY MODS LOOKING AT THIS?? ;)

FrenchyFungus
10-09-2006, 08:48 PM
^I highly doubt that's possible, it'd be easier for the threadstarter tojust edirt their pics into the 1st post.

Athough, i am the kinda guy who looks at the 1st post a lot anyway

jof1029
10-09-2006, 09:11 PM
do you have any idea how much work it would take for mods to go and delete all those individual posts? it would be WAY too much work for the slight help it would give for those too lazy to skim the thread themselves. it isnt that hard to find the pictures in a thread, especially if you put it on 40 posts per page. then you just scroll through each page and look for the pictures. i just dont see that the effort it would take to delete all of those posts would be worth it.