New song- Nile/Opeth ish [GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : New song- Nile/Opeth ish [GP5]

saxaxe
10-09-2006, 11:45 AM
hey guys, lemme know what you think of this. I'm not a drummer, so I cant write great drum parts. The solo is just something I came up with from foolin around, its easy to play, but it needs some work. And the middle section with the chords doesnt really fit, but its just an idea.

http://download.yousendit.com/85CEEF6F13FBA7A4

EDIT: fixed

Magic Noden
10-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Not one of my faves, I thought it was a bit repeptitive. And the guitar was too fast. There were a couple of pretty awesome riffs, though, and the drums were fine.

*'-'*
10-09-2006, 07:45 PM
you'd get more replies if you attached the file to your post in a zip file, and if you included a midi file for those of us who dont have guitar pro

saxaxe
10-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Ok, sorry. I haven't used this forum before. How can I turn a gp5 into a midi?

EDIT:
nvm figured it out

nexteyenate
10-13-2006, 03:52 PM
intro is alright, but the drums seem a bit awkward and the chord progression was weird. the guitar was way too fast but was actually a pretty good riff for metal. the lead guitar was the best part about this song. it was fantastic! 7/10

Crit Mine? (in my sig. crit both or just the second one plz)

leo_p8
10-17-2006, 12:26 AM
This needs to be more realistic... it's impossibly fast at times, not to mention the fingerings on some of the leads parts (the first in particular) are far too robotic... You have some awsome ideas... you just need to pollish them and most of all... FINISH THE SONG!

Pretty good concept, poor excecution, keap at it man, it'll be good.

ouchies
10-19-2006, 03:05 PM
The best part is definatly the intro.

The riff after that is odd. I loved the riff at measure 27, it had a middle eastern vibe or something to it? and it was heavy too so that was sick.

At 39 instead of slowing down i think you should add a solo using the harmonic minor or something.

Crit mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448390

D_y_p26
10-21-2006, 01:30 AM
I thought it was horrible.....the verse thingy is way to fast