About multiple accounts within a family

PDA

View Full Version : About multiple accounts within a family

diablo_man
10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
my younger brother is getting into guitar and UG now.(he like the tabs and the pit mostly) but im concerned that if he makes a UG account that i will mysteriously be perma banned for it. i was wondering what sort of system do you have for different guitarists in one family or computer with seperate accounts so they dont all get banned.
and letting him use my account is not going to happen

Pan-Tallica
10-09-2006, 02:02 PM
I think the mods prefer you share an account. I'm not entirely sure though, so wait for a more experienced mod to come give you an answer.

IndieMetalhead
10-09-2006, 02:03 PM
I suppose the mod's might allow it, i'm not entirely sure.

fronkpies
10-09-2006, 02:04 PM
I think it's as long as you tell a mod its fine.

Dont quote me on that :p:

rockon1824
10-09-2006, 03:34 PM
No, there's a one account per household rule.

There was like a million threads about it in the FoTB when I was banned.

FrenchyFungus
10-09-2006, 09:29 PM
No, there's a one account per household rule.

There was like a million threads about it in the FoTB when I was banned.

I reiteriate what Pan said:

I have never read that rule.

But wait till a more experienced mod says somethin before even letting your brother make an account, OK?

wahappen
10-09-2006, 09:41 PM
PM me the link to this thread and your brother's username when he creates it.

Or your brother can send the PM stating he is your brother with a link to this thread.

diablo_man
10-10-2006, 10:17 AM
thanks to wahappen and the rest of you guys. it wont matter for a while anyways as im currently in guatemala and my brother is at home, so we are on different IP`s. but just to be safe ill try and ask him soon. just didnt want to get perma banned.

seriously what would i do with myself all day?

tamargoguitar
10-11-2006, 03:04 PM
PM me the link to this thread and your brother's username when he creates it.

Or your brother can send the PM stating he is your brother with a link to this thread.

sorry if i sound stupid :( , but how exactly does that prove its not the same person?? :(

TG :wavey:

Vornik
10-11-2006, 04:02 PM
sorry if i sound stupid :( , but how exactly does that prove its not the same person?? :(

Well it doesn't, really, but the point of multies is people not knowing they are you, so if he lets the mods know, I doubt he will use it as a multi.

wahappen
10-11-2006, 06:13 PM

We can't. He's been here about a year and a half and his records are clear. We'd be willing to take his word for it.

Multi's are typically an issue when a problematic / banned user creates them.

Andrewbiles
10-12-2006, 06:44 AM
At least if we know who the users are then we can check the join/warning/ban dates and see if there is odd posting between the two accounts. And as diablo_man has been around for a long time and hasn't caused any problems then what's the harm in trusting them? (at least for a while :p: )