[GP4 + PTB + MIDI] 12-08, 54/97, Riffle, and Sleight of Hand

PDA

View Full Version : [GP4 + PTB + MIDI] 12-08, 54/97, Riffle, and Sleight of Hand

Fatt Sorum
10-09-2006, 09:20 PM
instead of me putting new threads for all four, which have all been changed, i'll stick 'em all here

all are GP4, PTB, and MIDI - except 54/97 (GP4 and MIDI only)

as always - crit4crit

Captian Xero
10-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Wow. I really like your style. You write very alternative... Minus Riffle which just sound out of control metal. I love it.

Sum41Freek
10-10-2006, 07:17 PM
These songs are awesome! But I'm listening to 12-08 right now (GP5), and I was wondering what you changed, cuz it sounds pretty much the same (I hear a couple drums changes and a different lead-up to the solo).

MOOSE ATTACK!!!
10-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Riffle was great. It sounded a lot like Unearth in places, except without the overuse of breakdowns.

The2abraxis
10-10-2006, 07:59 PM
i listened to 12-08, slieght of hand, and riffle. i loved 12-08s chorus, very catchy, and simple, but very good rhythm. the whole song has good rhythm to it, and the solos in all of them are well written, they fit very well.good writing, id like to see what you do with this with a band with singing and stuff

cfc? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446439

SGxMastodonxSG
10-10-2006, 08:27 PM
K, well, enter my critic.
I enjoyed Riffle. I liked the Intro Riff, very cool. I think the solo in Riffle was the best solo out of all 4. I didn't really like the solos in the other 2. Maybe try using the Pentatonic?
I wasn't to keen on 12-08, but that's probably because it sounded very nu-metalish, and I really dislike the genre.
All of your songs seem to have sort of the same formula.
Intro/Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus/Breakdown/Solo/Outro Chorus

Try to mix it up a bit, make the songs more free-form I guess.
Anyway, very nice job.

Crit4Crit? Link's in sig.

Fatt Sorum
10-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the crit guys,

In response to Sum41Freak, the solo has an extra 8 bars on the end - it's now twice as long

SGxMastodonxSG
10-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I take what I said back about the solos. 54/97 has the best one. I really like that solo. The song wasn't really my style, again, sounding very nu-metalish (reminded me of Mudvayne), but it was very catchy.

RedDeath9
10-10-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm gonna crit Sleight of hand right now, I'll get to other ones later. Damn that intro sounded like Fall Of Troy... I Just Got This Symphony Goin' I think the song was. Still good. I liked the verse, especially the bass. I really liked the solo. You should try making it less repetative though. Maybe during the second verse have another guitar playing something else. Oh well still a great song. 8.3/10.

SGxMastodonxSG
10-10-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm gonna crit Sleight of hand right now, I'll get to other ones later. Damn that intro sounded like Fall Of Troy... I Just Got This Symphony Goin'

Doesn't really sound like it to me.

RedDeath9
10-10-2006, 11:26 PM
I didn't mean the tapping part, there was this other riff... Or maybe it was Ghostship part IV?

Burning_Angel
10-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Wow. I really like your style. You write very alternative... Minus Riffle which just sound out of control metal. I love it.

If you call riffle out of control metal, you have a misguided stereotypical view...

riffle was great though, especially the solo.

nexteyenate
10-12-2006, 06:50 AM
im loved sleight of hand. the rhythm was VERY catchy. almost every part of it seemed professional. great job. 9/10

the_crimison
10-14-2006, 01:53 AM
12 - 08 was my favourite, the chorus riff was amazing and the solo blended well into the song. It'd be nice if you could give the bass a time to shine in the song though. :p:

ouchies
10-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Right now, I'm listening to Riffle. Im critting as im listening.

I love the preverse.

The harmonizing on the first note in bar 25 sounded odd to me.

That interlude was awesome too.

The solo was alright, I wish you made it less shreddy, but it wasnt bad at all.

So overall good song :3

banjo02
10-31-2006, 09:16 PM
I listened to "Sleight of Hand", as it had the most interesting name. So. The Intro/Chorus 1 was really catchy, I found, and I'm also a huge fan of that chord progression. The only thing I didn't like as much was the change from G to Em. But that's just a personal preference thing.

The verses reminded me a lot of my song (you already crit it, and thanks man!). I dunno, just the chord progressions between the two guitars, and how they matched up (granted, mine were all power chords. But still, it reminded me a bit of it). I loved the verses. Another chorus, and another verse. More of the same stuff, but it was really good stuff.

The solo was really good too. Not too fast or slow, and it flowed nicely. I also didn't find it too random. Hard to explain what I mean, but what I'm saying is a good thing. The third verse was perfect, in my mind. And the ending, starting at bar 39, was... well. WOW. Simple, but definitely my favourite part.

All in all, an excellent song. I know you're probably looking for feedback on what to change, or how to improve upon your foundations, but I honestly think there's nothing wrong with it. Keep up the amazing work, man!

Nunwhxre 666
11-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Well, I listened to Slight of Hand and Riffle. And I must say that they were both fantastic. Riffle has a very melodeath sound to it (which is a big thumbs up) because melodeath is one of my favorite metal genres. And it was written well. So great job on that. Slight of Hand was kinda repititve, but it kept me listening. Because despite it being repitive, it had a really good sound. And it was very catchy. So, beautiful job on those 2. Keep up the good work. If you get the time, could you crit one of mine? Links are in my sig.

GuitarManiac09
11-07-2006, 05:37 PM
I listened to riffle, and WOW!

I love metal as well, so I only have on complaint with that whole song:

With all of that tremolo picking, you would be extremely tired after playing that live.

Anyways though, I loved it!

ShadowintheSun
11-13-2006, 01:04 PM
I really like them. Riffle is not up to the standards of the others but overall, nice one!