How to become a Moderator

PDA

View Full Version : How to become a Moderator

metal Lover
10-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Ok, I know I'm not ready yet but how does someone become a moderator and how should they act? :peace:

kirbyrocknroll
10-11-2006, 12:07 AM
1) Don't ask!
2) Follow the rules and be helpful.

Off topic: I see you are member 17 1/2 of the Primus sucks club :p: :cheers:

canonrock101
10-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Ok, I know I'm not ready yet but how does someone become a moderator and how should they act? :peace:

You must be a member UG for a certain amount of years (Im a exception)

and try to send a PM one of the mods

thats how i did it and it worked :D

O yea dont act like a dumbass

Vantage
10-11-2006, 12:11 AM
1.)Never ask to be one
2.)Follow the rules
3.)be helpful(whether you're a mod or not)

metal Lover
10-11-2006, 12:17 AM
might they ask you?

Vantage
10-11-2006, 12:19 AM
might they ask you?
i think they do invite you....i think :(

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
10-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Vantage's avatar is absolutely amazing.
And that's not sucking up. I have no chance. I was banned two weeks into my stay here at ug.

Machanix
10-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Well, you never ask if you can be one. Just follow the rules, and keep your slate clean. Be helpful, and try to contribute, and not post in The Pit as much as I normally would... =\

divid3d
10-11-2006, 01:38 AM
when a new mod/cc is required we look for people who are consistently well-behaved and helpful on the forums and/or in the columns. it doesn't matter if you've been here forever or not, Pan-Tallica is an 06er and he was recently made column cleaner. asking for modship will take you straight out of the running (as will having a record of warnings and bannings a mile long). basically, it's a "don't call us, we'll call you" kind of situation :p:

unluCKY...

MidnightThunder
10-11-2006, 07:22 AM
when a new mod/cc is required we look for people who are consistently well-behaved and helpful on the forums and/or in the columns. it doesn't matter if you've been here forever or not, Pan-Tallica is an 06er and he was recently made column cleaner. asking for modship will take you straight out of the running (as will having a record of warnings and bannings a mile long). basically, it's a "don't call us, we'll call you" kind of situation :p:

unluCKY...

Well I made the mistake on asking how you beome one and saying I'd like to try it so that probably black marked me there. Of course, had I had an idea that was the way things worked I wouldn't have done it. I always say, if you don't know.....ask. That is the only instance where I have regretted it. It's ok tho. Just sharing thoughts. I'll just hang out and enjoy the site.

divid3d
10-11-2006, 07:56 AM
asking how you become one is ok, it's a fair enough question. when you cross that line and start promoting yourself as an awesome potential mod is when you get crossed off the list. just try to be a good member of the site and see how things turn out.

unluCKY...

Draken
10-11-2006, 08:32 AM
asking how you become one is ok, it's a fair enough question. when you cross that line and start promoting yourself as an awesome potential mod is when you get crossed off the list. just try to be a good member of the site and see how things turn out.

unluCKY...

I believe the giving of sexual favours helps as well.

FrenchyFungus
10-11-2006, 08:50 AM
I have a PayPal account...PM me ;)

Just kidding, follow the rules and be helpful :cheers:

IndieMetalhead
10-11-2006, 09:07 AM
No multi's i'd imagine either.

Rankles
10-11-2006, 09:51 AM
You must be a member UG for a certain amount of years (Im a exception)

and try to send a PM one of the mods

thats how i did it and it worked :D

O yea dont act like a dumbass

What are you talking about?

Anyways, banned.

IndieMetalhead
10-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Yea, i think he has a moment there :haha

MidnightThunder
10-12-2006, 03:20 AM

unluCKY...

that's kewl, that makes sense....thanks for the info

duncang
10-12-2006, 11:33 AM
I've got a question. I've been banned once, as part of the Tavern blanket-ban. Does this mean I couldn't EVER be a mod?

EVER?

divid3d
10-12-2006, 01:27 PM
exceptions are made, it's just best to avoid warnings and bannings as it shows you're sensible, mature, etc.

unluCKY...

deluxity
10-12-2006, 03:21 PM
be helpfull
follow the rules

just being a good ug'er

i think i have to behave, it's good to be a mod or a column cleaner, but you have to work a lot being one, so... keep working kids

hamett91
10-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Someone just made a thread about this. Anyways, just follow the rules, be respectful, ect...
I've been banned once so that probably eliminates my chances...

robbie
10-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Even following the rules, being a respected member, being a long-time member, etc., etc. doesn't guarantee a modship. If you don't ever get made one (more than more than likely), just be happy with what you've got.

cokeisbetter
10-12-2006, 07:34 PM
It's hard to become a mod. There's so many UGers, and even when you take off all the ineligible people, there's still lots of good candidates.

Mahavishnu80
10-12-2006, 07:52 PM
u gotta do some rimming to become one apparantly

MidnightThunder
10-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Even following the rules, being a respected member, being a long-time member, etc., etc. doesn't guarantee a modship. If you don't ever get made one (more than more than likely), just be happy with what you've got.

I was thinking of that too but didn't want to discourage people. There really are so many members here that it would be almost impossible to give a concrete answer on this. If there were exact specifications to meet, hundreds would meet them and then get very angry because they wouldn't all be needed. It was neat to find how it's done tho. Thanks for answering our questions to all who did.

Draken
10-13-2006, 08:04 AM
exceptions are made, it's just best to avoid warnings and bannings as it shows you're sensible, mature, etc.

unluCKY...

Well that's screwed up my chances and i wanted to be king of the internet.

greendayguitar
10-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Do MODs get paid? I see them on here all the time, and always keeping the site in order and everything. Or are they just like, a free time type of thing?

robbie
10-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Do MODs get paid? I see them on here all the time, and always keeping the site in order and everything. Or are they just like, a free time type of thing?

No they don't, they do it because they want to and because they love UG. Isn't that nice of them? Also I don't particularly think it would work well financially for UG, given they have to pay the licenses for the tabs to the Russians and the site costs and what have you.

FrenchyFungus
10-13-2006, 08:00 PM

I've been told to say we don't get paid.

<_<
>_>