Begginer Songs

PDA

View Full Version : Begginer Songs

syndicate125
10-11-2006, 02:37 PM
So Im new at guitar right? Well I practice A LOT but dont have much to go by concidering every song i play I CANT! So what songs can I play that will challenge me but not make me feel like a piece of ****? Also, i am really confused about Droped D tuning and if anyone can help me out thatd be great

syndicate125
10-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Dont wanna mak me lok stupid....

leadman_09
10-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Well a great beginner song is Blink 182's Adam song. Drop D's simple, and is great for any guitarist. Standard tune is at the fifth fret right, so tune the top string at down till it sounds the same as the second. Simple right.

Burpin'Worm
10-11-2006, 02:41 PM
This forum: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9 will be useful in learning, and there is a thread there with many suggestions for 'beginner songs'.

Drop D tuning is when the low E string is tuned down to a D. For more on tunings see this thread: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437340

Drop D's simple, and is great for any guitarist. Standard tune is at the fifth fret right, so tune the top string at down till it sounds the same as the second. Simple right.
No, I know what drop D tuning is, and how to do it, and that was at best extremely confusing.

This is from Logz's tuning thread (linked above):

Drop Tunings

Drop D: D A D G B e

1. Play the 12th fret Low E string and the D string open. Retune the 12th fret Low E to match the D string open

OR

2. Play the 7th fret Low E and the A string open. Retune the 7th fret Low E to match the A string open.

xguitar_girlyx
10-11-2006, 02:44 PM
learn Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple. thats the 1st song that i ever learned and its really easy :) x

xtopher_aaron
10-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Well since youre a beginner, i would suggest drop tuning so fast, try out the Standard Tuning first, work from there, you'll get a much better understanding of the instrument. As for song you can play, I would suggest songs that have a lot or a mix of a few different techniques that are applied in it. I would suggest some GnR stuff. Dont Cry has a simple solo, some picking rhythms and its all in all an easy song to play. Just try not to forget a few things like Alternate Picking, Palm Muting, Dynamics, Phrasing...etc etc. And always TRY to complete any song you attempt. Its a real good confidence booster and its a good way to monitor your progress. Good Luck, hope this helped..!

guitarjunky89
10-11-2006, 02:54 PM
If your more into alterative styles and less classic rock...

Blink 182 (previously stated)
Greenday - (Really any songs)
Alkaline Trio - "Radio"
Nirvana - "Smells like Teen Spirt", "Polly"
Anti-Flag - "Turncoat"
Refused - "New Noise"

Those were some I started with/ wish I started with. Not hard, but enough to challange new guitar players, and help them learn essential techniqes.