Forgot to Mention something

PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to Mention something

syndicate125
10-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Seeing how i can't afford a eletric yet, im stuck with aqustic. Sorry I forgot to metion that. I need songs that I can play on it. I REALLY want to play Modern Myth by 30 sec. to mars but like I said the drop d tuning gets me and every time i play it sounds nothing like the song at all. So I guess im stuck with askin what other songs can I play for acustic?

sthall
10-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Acoustic guitar is an excellent instrument. Most Eagles tunes are easy to play, and CCR. Nirvana unplugged is also rather straightforward.

What is it about Drop D that confuses you?

Burpin'Worm
10-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Your other thread was probably closed as this isn't the right forum for those questions - I think I already gave you a link to the Guitar and Bass Basics forum, there're threads for beginner songs and tuning help there. In addition to that forum there's the Acoustic and Classical forum: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27 which has a thread specifically for acoustic songs.

I haven't heard the song you mentioned so I don't know how difficult it is, but the problem may be that you aren't practising, both generally and the song, properly. The main mistake I made when first starting was that I wasn't practising and was trying to play songs at full speed straight away. You see "practise slowly and with a metronome" a lot around these forums but things like that can really advance your playing and enable you to play songs correctly. If you have a teacher this sort of thing shouldn't be as much of a problem as it was for me as I was teaching myself, but if not you may want to look around the forums and the articles/lessons for advice on how best to teach yourself.

divid3d
10-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Your other thread was probably closed as this isn't the right forum for those questions - I think I already gave you a link to the Guitar and Bass Basics forum, there're threads for beginner songs and tuning help there. In addition to that forum there's the Acoustic and Classical forum: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27 which has a thread specifically for acoustic songs.

quoted for truth. this forum is not where you should be asking for this kind of advice.

unluCKY...