C4C[gp4, midi]A Silent Path to Freedom (IRON MAIDEN STYLE)

PDA

View Full Version : C4C[gp4, midi]A Silent Path to Freedom (IRON MAIDEN STYLE)

NovemberRain273
10-14-2006, 05:29 AM
Heres an iron maiden type song i just made for a bunch of lyrics i wrote. i havent done the drums or bass yet, so it sounds a little lifeless during the verse and stuff. any crits are appreciated :D remember, crit for crit :D

EDIT: go to third post for the new version :peace:

Jaykib
10-14-2006, 05:42 AM
Reminded me of A7X more than Iron Maiden, but definately had that Judas Priest/Iron Maiden blues touch... I liked that alot dude, seriously if it was an instrumental piece I'd pick up the CD, keep up with that good stuff.

EDIT:
Oh with the intro/outro, where it does triplets I reccomend holding the last not as an eigth not sixteenth so when you go into the next riffage the open string isn't so shocking, a hold in note would sound sweet there... Your song, I'm just advising what I think sounds cool, other than that, perfect, I liked it alot and the harmonizing is superb.

EDIT 2:
Scrap my idea, upon another listen it's great, it was the GP sound that was putting me off.
Final impression - 9/10, great.

NovemberRain273
10-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Ok i added drums and bass and i think the end result is amazing. Im really happy with it. Im gonna record soon so, look out for that :D

nexteyenate
10-14-2006, 11:37 AM
This is by far the best song I've seen on UG. It definitely captured the sound of Iron Maiden and the intro was perfect. the chord progression was great and was also very Iron Maid-esque. You should definitely keep up the good work. 10/10

SGxMastodonxSG
10-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Very Maiden-Like. I liked it a lot. The harmony was cool, everything was cool. Only thing that bothered me were a couple transitions in the song sounded kinda weird. Besides that, I liked it.

RedDeath9
10-14-2006, 07:25 PM
It was pretty good. I liked the intro, especially when the drums came in. The verse and chorus were kind of repetative, but still alright. I loved the harmony part right after. The harmony part before the solo was awesome, and the solo was pretty sweet. 7.9/10.

Crit mine?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6890620

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445715

ouchies
10-15-2006, 01:44 AM
i liked it a lot, my favorite parts by far were the prechorus and the interludes.

siddyjain
10-16-2006, 12:38 PM
isn't the 0-7-12 part in the intro already used in paschendale by Maiden?

irishmatt1992
10-16-2006, 05:07 PM
pre-chorus and solo are awesome!

chris_122
10-21-2006, 02:27 PM
I haven't heard a NovemberRain273 song in a while lol. This song was very different from what I'm used to hearing from you. At first, during the verses, I was wondering "Where are the leads?", but then when they came in I was like "Ahh, there we go" lol. Also, not as upbeat as your other songs, but when the second solo came in I was pleased. Again, very different from other songs I've heard from before, but still done very well. I also liked the strings, that's always a nice addition. Only complaint is when the Drums Enter, the lead riff just doesn't seem to fit in IMO.

Overall, I liked it. Good lead, good rhythm, good song. Great job!

NovemberRain273
10-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the crits guys, glad u liekd it :D

expecially from u chris (same name as me lol) that was an interesting crit lol. thanks ! :D

aprescott_27
10-22-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm not a big Iron Maiden fan, so I kind of found this song a bit boring (maybe some lyrics would fix that ...) I did like the solo and the triplet leads in the middle of the song, though.

I didn't really care for the intro/outro. Just didn't do it for me.

psychotim
11-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah it was realy good. i liked the intro, the end and all the harmony parts best.

And the harmony stuff was realy great.

Only thing i didnt like was the rhythem guitar in the intro witch didnt quite fit.

Please crit my songs. I have just fixed my sig, so they should be there.

TinTin8
11-21-2006, 11:37 PM
i think the intro is a bit over played ... to long imo gets kind of boring ... rest of song is amazing though:)

Gibson06
11-22-2006, 01:20 PM
sounded tooo much like iron maiden.... very cliche, and absolutley nothing new about it.... im sorry man, but only 4/10

check out my rock solo http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470670