Four Line Competition Group 3

PDA

View Full Version : Four Line Competition Group 3

Jammydude44
10-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Let the Games Begin!! Please Vote!!

A Stranger's Hands: He'll Do Something Silly.

you're an inanimate objection and a comtose lucid dream projection, your eyes are golden fleece with opium licorice wires wrapped for lips.

a make shift filigree reaction to the only slurred words we speak in third person,

i've been wanting you like cancer recovery, like a static revolver, like a digital holocaust.

make my heart pump to the beat of a cardiac arrest, because these mix tapes are only playing the sound of a snowstorm.

Obstacles so tall and wide do seem so volatile from this side
I approach, they turn into ghosts, the apparition is no more
I can stare up ahead and assess my fears, the ground is dead now
But don't cry here, the grass will grow, pretty soon it's all you willl know

Every time I come to you
You fall in shock of what?s become of me
Anger is my attitude
And my sadness is you

I Consider myself blessed and I can attest to freaked drama, malformed information;
Disastrous penetration.
Precum precum precum. Watch my face. Watch my subtle tongue twists. Watch my bounded wrists. Watch our grace. Watch out grace.
Together. Forever. Folded over.

Opens curtains kill awaiting dreams of love, sex, and home...

Grasping the edge of the winding metal parapet
Sketching neon breaths and incandescent eyes of the city
Those blinking pseudo suns speaking in exotic tongues
"Morse code's for suckers, Morse code's for suckers" they rant.

Zuka
10-14-2006, 05:12 PM
**** this is all ****. What did you write out these lyrics and then take a thesaurus to all the words? You expect anyone to understand this crap?

Zuka
10-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Or whoever did those...

#1 synth
10-14-2006, 05:20 PM
hmm. I could flame him. I could wittily point out his misconceptions of life. I could use the very 'thesaurus words' that confound him so to outsmart him. but no, thats too much work, that he doesnt deserve. i find it easier to just *report* him and go on with my life. Yay for me being the bigger person...

edit: nvm. my flaming, though justified, I feel should be taken out so it cant be used against me at a later date.

Mascot
10-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Banned. Zing!

#1 synth
10-14-2006, 06:32 PM
I :heart: Ted.

I'm voting for the last one as mine sucks and their's is witty :)

Something_Vague
10-14-2006, 07:09 PM
3rd sucks ass, last one is great. mine deserves to win.

irishmatt1992
10-14-2006, 07:25 PM
3rd sucks ass, last one is great. mine deserves to win.

is yours the last? don't be selfish . . .

#1 synth
10-14-2006, 07:26 PM
:haha

wow, this voting is really ****ing weird. how the hell does the third one have 3 votes whereas mine has none, I mean, I know mine is complete shit and everything but the purple one utilizes pronouns as a third of its vocabulary and it only utilizes 2 completely bland verbs: To be and To come/become {vicariously the same thing}... this is just really really weird... in an absurdly funny way

irishmatt1992
10-14-2006, 07:28 PM

wow, this voting is really ****ing weird. how the hell does the third one have 3 votes whereas mine has none, I mean, I know mine is complete shit and everything but the purple one utilizes pronouns as a third of its vocabulary and it only utilizes 2 completely bland verbs: To be and To come/become {vicariously the same thing}... this is just really really weird... in an absurdly funny way

i agree :peace:

EDIT: Did that guy seriousley get banned?

s0nofabe4ch
10-14-2006, 08:59 PM
^ yesh. dont **** with teh teddy bear man

I vote orange

Alk 3 addict
10-14-2006, 11:03 PM
:p: I'm winning. Wow... and Blue and Green were my favorites, but I voted for Blue, because it didn't have any votes and it definitely deserves some.

EDIT:

I'm voting for the last one as mine sucks and their's is witty
Thanks. :D

I definitely do not think that the third one should have more votes than Synth's or Something_Vague's. No offence to whoever wrote the third one.....

DanteR*
10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Orange...

amy_gail
10-15-2006, 10:11 PM
i think i should vote for the third one just because everybody is so against it:)

irishmatt1992
10-15-2006, 10:31 PM
i think i should vote for the third one just because everybody is so against it:)

right on!

Jammydude44
10-16-2006, 02:46 AM
That is why public voting in competitions is theoretically getting us nowhere.

Jamie

I ARE 1031
10-16-2006, 08:15 AM
That is why public voting in competitions is theoretically getting us nowhere.

Jamie

When I signed up I thought that you were picking the winner...and you had some sort of guidelines for it.

Phoebus
10-16-2006, 08:45 AM
thats the dumbest idea ive heard in a while.....

UraniYum
10-16-2006, 02:56 PM
i voted for the purple one because it's great. and if it's IRISH matt that wrote it, that's even better.

Something_Vague
10-16-2006, 03:09 PM
I sense some cheating, no offense purple f'ing blows. There's Jay and a bunch of no bodies voting for it. It's bothering me.

irishmatt1992
10-16-2006, 05:00 PM
i voted for the purple one because it's great. and if it's IRISH matt that wrote it, that's even better.

Why?

I ARE 1031
10-16-2006, 05:45 PM
I don't care if people cheat. I got 2 votes! AWESOME! Neither of them were mine. I voted for purple, because I really liked it most (I was the first to vote for it) aaaand voting for mine is really stupid..it just seems wrong.

irishmatt1992
10-16-2006, 07:02 PM
I don't care if people cheat. I got 2 votes! AWESOME! Neither of them were mine. I voted for purple, because I really liked it most (I was the first to vote for it) aaaand voting for mine is really stupid..it just seems wrong.

why is every one voting for purple?

amy_gail
10-16-2006, 07:37 PM
^ dont question it.. just be happy Purple still has a chance at winning:D

irishmatt1992
10-16-2006, 09:27 PM
true

#1 synth
10-16-2006, 09:46 PM
You guys are just... complete assholes. Honestly. I mean, I know its just a silly lyrics competition, but dont you have any decency? Really, its your duty as an audience member here to vote for who has the best piece you want to win, not some half-assed funny-for-a-second-because-it-sucks piece that you're just voting for because of some bull**** faux-amusement.

In short, its bull****.

{the previous statement was directed mostly at Amy_gail, not for any one that actually enjoys the piece, if you honestly feel it is the best here than by all means, vote for it}

I dont really care though, do what you want :)

irishmatt1992
10-16-2006, 09:55 PM
You guys are just... complete assholes. Honestly. I mean, I know its just a silly lyrics competition, but dont you have any decency? Really, its your duty as an audience member here to vote for who has the best piece you want to win, not some half-assed funny-for-a-second-because-it-sucks piece that you're just voting for because of some bull**** faux-amusement.

In short, its bull****.

{the previous statement was directed mostly at Amy_gail, not for any one that actually enjoys the piece, if you honestly feel it is the best here than by all means, vote for it}

S3M3R \D0Wn/ N0W CH1LD!!!

Edit:In that first Paragraph, it makes you look like a compllete asshole, but so on down forth you're a good person! :peace:

I ARE 1031
10-16-2006, 10:24 PM
why is every one voting for purple?

I really liked it best, like I said, I wasn't gonna vote for mine. The rest of the people are just jerks and voted for it because they're stupid. I genuinely liked it... Oh well, I lose. :(

:cool:

pooch0072
10-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Orange.

I think what Dylan was trying to say (in that not so suave tone) was that artistic integrity is crucial (one of the reasons for which the author's name is not posted after a contest piece).

Phoebus
10-16-2006, 10:35 PM
I honestly voted for it because I think the goal of the competition was condensing everything; to get as much meaning as possible into 4 short lines. I thought purple accomplished this the best. It might not have as many nice words as some other ones, but I liked it for what it was and what it accomplished.

And for the conspiracy theorist in s_v, purple's not mine.

--jay

pooch0072
10-16-2006, 10:37 PM
That opinion is artistically sound Mr. Helios (or Apollo depending on which poet you listen to)

#1 synth
10-16-2006, 10:38 PM
I think what Dylan was trying to say (in that not so suave tone) was that artistic integrity is crucial (one of the reasons for which the author's name is not posted after a contest piece).

Yes. That. As you are aware, my UG poise {argument-wise} has been weak at best recently, so thank you Antoine :) .

edit: Apollo Pooch, it's Apollo ;)

Final
10-16-2006, 10:57 PM
I don't want to start an argument, but honestly now.. why is there always some whining when we have competitions?

You're not going to be any better of a writer if you win, and you're not going to be any worse if you lose. So let people vote for whoever they want. If somebody wants to vote for a piece that made them laugh, then let them. If somebody else wants to vote for a piece that really changes their life, then let them. And if somebody wants to vote for a piece just because.. then let them.

It's just an online competition, have fun with it.

Phoebus
10-16-2006, 11:52 PM
^^voice of reason^^

#1 synth
10-17-2006, 12:14 AM
I don't want to start an argument, but honestly now.. why is there always some whining when we have competitions?

You're not going to be any better of a writer if you win, and you're not going to be any worse if you lose. So let people vote for whoever they want. If somebody wants to vote for a piece that made them laugh, then let them. If somebody else wants to vote for a piece that really changes their life, then let them. And if somebody wants to vote for a piece just because.. then let them.

It's just an online competition, have fun with it.

Just to clarify: I was never in the running to win, I never really cared so if your first point was directed at me I think its unjustified.

Other than that, everyone listen to final, he's like God... 'cept he cant breath fire.

:heart: Keeno, you truly are the voice of reason :p:

Final
10-17-2006, 12:56 AM
^Nah, my first point wasn't directed at you; it was directed at everybody. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you. You knows I loves you, though.;)

Oh, but I shouldn't keep spamming this thread, so I'ma vote now.

I enjoyed the second one the most.

I ARE 1031
10-17-2006, 09:47 AM
^Nah, my first point wasn't directed at you; it was directed at everybody. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you. You knows I loves you, though.;)

Oh, but I shouldn't keep spamming this thread, so I'ma vote now.

I enjoyed the second one the most.

Thanks for voting! :o

Jammydude44
10-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Wow if this was controversial I can't wait untill the final :D

Let's not spam my competition :P

Jamie

amy_gail
10-18-2006, 07:49 AM

In short, its bull****.

dont say that you dont really care when you obviously cared enough to make that statement :) and who said i didnt like the piece? i did... and as for voting for it because some were so against it that was just a nice bonus :) im sorry you misunderstood

caz_guitar_dude
10-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I think i'll cry if anyone else votes for purple; i just don't think i can take it.

I ARE 1031
10-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Well, unless 100 more people vote, I am probably out of the running by now.

:)