Thread Views 2: This Time its fo' Rizzle

PDA

View Full Version : Thread Views 2: This Time its fo' Rizzle

#1 synth
10-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Well, about 6 months ago I posted this thread in the new members section attempting to decipher the mystique surrounding thread views and essentially I got no answer, even from soon to-be CC Frenchy :eek:

And so, even after rehashing the subject in August and still getting no replies I decide now its time to move this up to the major leagues of UG questions: Site Feedback.

here goes nothing {this is what I posted before}:

okay, i dont really know where else to post this, as it is a n00b question and its not serious enough for any other section and i wouldnt get an answer in the pit. If there is already a thread for this i couldnt find it and i checked most of the FAQs.

anyway, whats the deal with views?

I mean, it seems that the view count refreshes itself every hour or two as it doesnt go up for awhile and then it just rockets.

Also, do guests views count towards the total view count or not?

A final Q just because its bothering me, can there only be one view per thread per person. Like if i look at a thread in the S+L forum and then go back 'round UG and decide i now want to view the thread again will that count as 1 or 2 views?

sorry for the pretty stupid questions, but i was really curious after i got 340 views and 4 replies on some of my lyrics. It was quite honestly baffling.

So good people of Site Feedback, I am at your mercy. What is the definitive definition of 'thread views'? what counts as a 'view' and what doesnt?

I have been wondering since I joined and I still am muy muy curioso [though slightly less n00bish].

:heart:

FrenchyFungus
10-15-2006, 11:23 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=11&page=1&pp=30&sort=views&order=desc&daysprune=-1

Looking at that, i'd have to say that:

1) Guest views count
2) It's not just one view per persoon

Gurgle!Argh!
10-16-2006, 11:28 AM
guest views count and it isnt one per person. go on a thread and click refresh for ages. its funny. especially in S&L, it really winds people up... :p:

FrenchyFungus
10-16-2006, 12:20 PM
:haha you bastard

:peace:

#1 synth
10-18-2006, 08:26 PM
guest views count and it isnt one per person. go on a thread and click refresh for ages. its funny. especially in S&L, it really winds people up... :p:

what a wittily jerkish thing to do... I approve :haha

kirbyrocknroll
10-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Og goodness :mad:

:)