Need A Little Bit of help


View Full Version : Need A Little Bit of help

10-16-2006, 05:50 AM
This will probally make me sound like a complete idiot but when you see BRIDGE in Tab or in chord books what does it mean?


D Em G A7


and then it carrys on.

Thanks for your assistance.

10-16-2006, 06:00 AM
It means you tap the bridge of your guitar with your palm for five counts, detune the G string and then change the selected pickup (if using an electric guitar).

10-16-2006, 06:03 AM
haha good stuff pigglesworth. It normally means that part of the song i.e verse, or chorus, or bridge, in this case it means that part of the song is the bridge which will have different chords etc etc.

Dark Wasp
10-16-2006, 06:04 AM
A bridge is part of a song. "In popular music, a bridge is a contrasting section which also prepares for the return of the original material section"