Slow (GP5 + MIDI) Crit 4 Crit!

PDA

View Full Version : Slow (GP5 + MIDI) Crit 4 Crit!

nexteyenate
10-19-2006, 06:18 PM
a song i made today with my spare time. i need very specific criticisms for this one, so please indicate what bar (or at what time in the MIDI file) that you are speaking about.
Cheers!

Edit: fixed outro.
Edit2: ACTUALLY fixed outro

mrost123
10-19-2006, 06:30 PM
tis good

EDIT: that is my specific criticism

mrost123
10-19-2006, 06:32 PM
one thing i woule think of having is less solos unless it is meant to just be an instrumental

nexteyenate
10-19-2006, 07:23 PM
yeah its meant to be instrumental, but if my band had a lead singer, we would definitely remove some solos and add another rhythm/lead section.

SGxMastodonxSG
10-19-2006, 11:25 PM
To tell you the truth, I didn't like it at all.
I can't really tell you why, cuz I don't know. And it's not just one part, it's mostly the whole song.
Whatever.

nexteyenate
10-20-2006, 06:50 AM
wow, so should i just scrap this song?

chris_122
10-21-2006, 02:07 PM
I liked this song. It's very mellow and easy going. The guitar parts were good, though a little too much of the lead playing triplets throughout the song. The outro cuts off the song, and it's just not a good way to end it. Maybe you could fade out with the intro, instead of just cutting the song off at the end.

Overall, it was ok. Not amazing, but it has potential. Good job.

nexteyenate
10-21-2006, 03:43 PM
fading out with the intro is a very good idea....ill do that

gibsonbrothers
10-23-2006, 10:32 PM
I think its nice. Its really more creative and original than the other death METAL lovers on this web site. ONE THING the intro solo ruined it all (LOL) take it off or make it better. Thats all, GOod song!!

leo_p8
10-24-2006, 01:10 AM
I liked it... it sounds very much like good old fashion background music for kicking back... you're solos need some work (they are all too boring, try adding more life to them, and don't repeat the motif (your triplets) so much!), and the ending is a real horror... it killed the song for me.

It's good, but a few major flaws are bogging it down. FIX IT!

GuitarGuitar
10-24-2006, 05:20 AM
starts of like under the bridge and through has a similar sound.

ShadowintheSun
11-13-2006, 05:26 PM
you've got a knack for this haven't you? This is just soooo good. It has such a great rhythm to it.

8.5/10

Why can't most of the people on UG be as good as you?

Crit mine? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462170)

Sarcasmo
11-14-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm not sure if its just the guitar pro file or if its what you wanted, but the change from the solo to the outro (46 to 47) is jarring the way it just cuts out. Also, I'm not too crazy about how the quarter note chords sound in the verse (again, could just be the guitar pro file). Other than that i thought it was pretty good. I especially liked the rhythm and the overall feel of it. good job.

nexteyenate
11-14-2006, 10:23 PM
well, because i didnt add a separate track for the distorted guitar, I could not have the outro i desired. The solo is supposed to continue into the first bar of the outro to end the solo

Revalk
03-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Not too bad. Nothing too crazy, but sounds very nice. With a good singer that song could do alright. Could use an interesting bridge or breakdown, however with that sound it's not a bad idea to just leave it as is. However, you can add in some 4 bar riffs here or there to spice things up between verses/choruses. Not too bad though.

If you want, check out my latest attempt in my sig.