Melodic Piano Peice [MIDI/PTAB]

PDA

View Full Version : Melodic Piano Peice [MIDI/PTAB]

Nunwhxre 666
10-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Well, I've been messing around lately, and I came up with this. It was originally written for guitar, but I thought it sounded cool as a piano duet. It's not done yet, but it's a start. Suggestions and/or comments would be nice. :peace:

mattfm
10-20-2006, 03:17 PM
nice

ouchies
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
it was really cool. dont end the solo with both the pianos playing the chord though, it stops the motion and makes it feel like the song has finished.

aprescott_27
10-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I liked it, but I have one change. The last beat and a half of the fourth bar (three eighth notes) the two piano parts are a seventh apart, I would change that to a sixth (or something other than a seventh.) I think it would sound better, since the rest of the piece isn't based on dissonance.

And what ouchies said, too.

altosaxgeek5
10-22-2006, 02:07 PM
I definitely see this going some cool places. I agree with what aprescott said about the 4th bar; it doesn't sound necessarily bad, it would just sound better with a less dissonant harmony there. Personally, this reminds me of some Avenged Sevenfold in a good way.
Also, on the second staff, in the 11th and 12th measure, I think it would sound nice if you have a dotted-halfnote, quarter, dotted-half, quarter rhythm over those two chords. I think it would just lead to the conclusion there better.

Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452357

Fallenblood
10-22-2006, 02:48 PM
I liked it a lot. It could be an awesome intro, and then you could have a heavy guitar part. But then again, it sounds so beautiful on its own...

Nunwhxre 666
10-24-2006, 06:25 AM
Well, I've been working on it a little more. ANd this is what I've got. I've changed the dissonant notes. I think it sounds much better now that the harmony isn't dissont. And I've added 3 new sections.

And to Fallenblood, I don't think a heavy guitar part would really fit the mood of this peice. I wanted to mood to be sad sounding, then have it's happier sounding parts. This song is written in memory of my grandmother who passed away.

ouchies
10-24-2006, 04:00 PM
go into another solo, i think that would sound good. i imagine this song with a lot of solos for some reason

Nunwhxre 666
10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
I agree with you there, I'm actually in the process of writing a second solo. So, stay tuned. =]

aprescott_27
10-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Sounds good, man. I like the jazz guitar you have in the chorus, nice texture.

I think the prechorus would sound better if you had the left hand on the piano do some extra eighth notes to give it some more motion. It sounds like it loses some momentum in the prechorus.

I think a solo on the jazz guitar you've got going in the chorus would sound cool. Not necessarily like a blazing 400 nps solo, but just a nice melodic passage.

Overall, nice work, can't wait to see this one finished.

Could you do me a favor and crit my latest? I just added an update, but no one seems to want to comment on it :grrr:

supergerbil
10-25-2006, 06:17 AM
I like the melody, the only thing I would change is the hammer-ons and pull-offs. They sought of sound strange on piano.

at the end of the piece so far you could have a rest then start the main song on guitars. keep the piano tune but play it up tempo on the guitar.

Nunwhxre 666
10-25-2006, 06:38 AM
Well, I kinda have to have this on piano. It started off as a music project for school, but I really like the way this is turning out.

Nunwhxre 666
10-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Well, here it is. For all that care, this is the final result. Added a 2nd piano solo, a second verse, and a guitar solo. Also has a bassline. Enjoy. Comments would be hella-nice. :peace:

:EDIT: I once again forgot to post the file. Lmao.

Thefallofman
10-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Nice job. I really, really like that. It's very beautiful and haunting.

ouchies
10-29-2006, 09:59 PM
That was awesome i liked how it came out.

i just didnt like the bass at measure 33, i think it kind of killed the tension that was supposed to be built at that moment, or whatever

Andrewbiles
11-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Nice. Seriously well created that one. I like to try and be picky about other people's stuff and point out bits I don't enjoy or just think are plain crap, but that was good the whole way through. Only thing that let it down were the arpeggio sounds of powertab.
Very well done :cheers:

Nunwhxre 666
11-02-2006, 07:21 AM
I know. The arpeggios are disappointing, but on guitar it's ace. =] Thanks for the crit, bro.

Thefallofman
11-03-2006, 08:40 PM
That was really beautiful, definatly one of the better things I've heard on here... I'd point out what's wrong with it, but I am having trouble finding anything. Greay job.

Fatt Sorum
11-09-2006, 01:40 AM
wow, that is great, the sort of thing you sell to pop stars so they can write crappy lyrics to sing over the music, which people buy - i.e. it goes to #1

but yeah, well done on this

Nunwhxre 666
11-10-2006, 01:11 PM
wow, that is great, the sort of thing you sell to pop stars so they can write crappy lyrics to sing over the music Hahaha. thanks for the crit.

hyroglyph!c
11-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Awesome, but during verso 1 and 2, try and throw in more rhythm variety. maybe the second time around, you throw in a triplet, add some 16 notes, but those same notes on the down beats, awesome stuff.

Snipy
11-14-2006, 10:08 AM
I liked it a lot 9/10

Hallows_Eve
11-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Still like "Dreams of Eternal Rest" more, but the solo-ing in this song is killer. Bars 1-12 Are probably my favorite, well done :) 8/10

flyingsquirrel
12-02-2006, 10:52 PM
wow thats nice, i like the begginning, and it sounds better on piano.solo is cool too

plz crit mine if you have time
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476563

RPotts
12-06-2006, 01:51 AM
I liked the melody alot. The piano solos were also very melodic and it even sounds good on PTab. The only crit I have is the Guitar Solo. It is the only weak part of the song. It seems like a piano solo played on guitar. On guitar you have awesome techniques like slides, vibrato, harmonics, bends etc, and none of them are present in the solo. I would suggest either replacing it with another piano solo, or adding some "Feel" to it. It just seems very forced, and composed, unlike the rest which seems very true and meaningful. 9/10

Nunwhxre 666
12-11-2006, 01:13 AM
Yes, I know. The guitar solo is a little bland compared to the rest. I wasn't as happy with it as I was when I was actually writing it. When I was playing it on guitar it seemed to sound so much better. Oh well..

Bodomizer
12-11-2006, 04:31 PM
i'll crit as listen as well. i like the intro. great choice of arpeggios and the 2nd piano sounds perfect. i really liked the solo thing. very nice job. i like the arpeggios at chorus 2.. but i think instead of repeating you should switch the chord... i tried something like this and it sounded pretty nice
e---------------------
b -------------3------
g -------3--5---5--4
d -----3--------------
a --3-----------------
e 1-------------------

then the other chord fits fine. im lovin the guitar solo. it fits perfect with the song. i really liked the outro and i thought you ended the song really good. very good piece man. keep them coming.

riffmasta93
12-12-2006, 08:49 PM
I really liked it. Even though its not my taste in music. I love your use of the two guitars and how you fit the piano in with it.

YourMessiah666
04-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Wow. Very nice.
This is definately the best piano influenced song i have ever seen on UG. And I've seen some good ones.

But this is by far the best. The only thing i dont like is the guitar solo. But thats just me.
Other than that, it is an absolutely beautiful piece. :down: