random logging out

PDA

View Full Version : random logging out

Fett13
10-22-2006, 02:24 AM
For awhile now, while I'm going through the forums I randomly will log out when the page changes, whether it be going to another forum or to another page in a thread. I don't get the "all cookies deleted" page you get when you manually log out, so I don't think its anything I'm directly causing. I was just wondering if this is something with the site, or if its likely something on my computer. Any thoughts?

Machanix
10-22-2006, 05:58 AM
Hey Fett! :D

Well, are you clearing your cookies manually? Maybe it's your browser settings? Like whenever you go to another site, the cookies will clear for the site you were just on?

It's most likely your browser, or you're clearing cookies, and cache yourself. I've never seen anyone else talk about it.

kirbyrocknroll
10-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey, fett. I never see you here on UG :p:

This happens to me too. What browser do you use? I use FF.

Fett13
10-22-2006, 05:40 PM
I use Slimbrowser. And its not that I'm clearing anything, its literaly that I click a link (for example, I see this thread, and click it to view it) and it logs me out when it takes me to this page. THe only reason I even notice this is because I use the black skin, and it gets all bright all of the sudden (stupid eye-hurting brightness >_< ) I could understand if it just did it when I clsoed the browser, or something like that, but just while I'm in the process of going to a different page? I'm at a loss.

R0CKER1220
10-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Never happened to me. . .My guess is that the cookie run out of room. I'm not sure about slimbrowser but on firefox to change your cookie settings you go to tools>Options. . .>privacy>"Keep cookies until they...">click the dropdown and select "Until they expire".

deluxity
10-22-2006, 08:11 PM
i use firefox but it nerver appens to me