Classical forum

PDA

View Full Version : Classical forum

DoubleBass
10-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Why dosn't that bands and artists section have a classical section? Bach screws Slipknot anyday. Seriously it's a huge genre and why isn't it in there?

myself101
10-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah classical forum!

Zeppelin256
10-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Agreed.

Tanglewoodguit
10-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Baroque<Life

FrenchyFungus
10-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Because there's absolutely no need for it.

The Other section has to be one of the slowest forums on the site.

Just use it.

myself101
10-22-2006, 05:14 PM
To the other forum!! :D

fronkpies
10-22-2006, 05:18 PM
To the other forum!! :D

:haha

Yep there would be no where near enough traffic.

R0CKER1220
10-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Because most of UG is full of ignorant assholes that think classical music is only for nerds/geeks/"uncool" people? Plus I think Zappp said no more forums.

SForbz-Rockstar
10-22-2006, 06:25 PM
As much as I'd love it, it wouldn't work. I suggest just making threads discussing different aspects/periods of Classical Music in the other forum.

rockon1824
10-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Because most of UG is full of ignorant assholes that think classical music is only for nerds/geeks/"uncool" people? Plus I think Zappp said no more forums.

Actually, I do believe classical elitists are almost as bad as the metal ones. I know there are a lot of classically trained people on UG, but I still don't think there's enough of a calling for it.

Dreadnought
10-22-2006, 07:04 PM
I pushed for this awhile ago, but the most I got was the Classical Guitar forum added to the Acoustic guitar forum.

Besides, it's not reasonable to ask for a Classical forum that would consist of other forms of classical besides classical guitar, as this is a guitar forum.

jof1029
10-22-2006, 11:38 PM
^ classical had its own forum for a week or so.

the problem was that classical wasnt getting much traffic, so it was put with acoustic guitar. its just hard for something that doesnt get much traffic to get its own forum, so it gets thrown in with other stuff. as people have suggested, try the other forum for general classical/baroque/etc. threads and the acoustic/classical forum for classical guitar stuff.

SethMegadefan
10-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Besides, it's not reasonable to ask for a Classical forum that would consist of other forms of classical besides classical guitar, as this is a guitar forum.
I don't consider the entire Bands & Artists forum to be only about guitar, though. There are discussions about drummers, keyboardists, etc. To me, it's ridiculous to give rock as a whole so many forums (Metal, Nu Metal, Modern Rock, Classic Rock) yet disregard Classical, which is arguably the most important genre in all of music.
I'd push for it. Classical, to me, is too important to be pushed into "Other", when there could potentially be a crapload of discussion regarding solely classical music in an entirely separate forum. Classical guitar, composers, famous compositions, etc. I can see a LOT of discussion going on about it.
I guess I'm just saying that I'd love to see a Classical forum. Any Classical discussion at all would be acceptable, though. It just seems big enough and important enough to deserve its own forum. Whatever.

yawn
10-23-2006, 01:53 PM
I don't consider the entire Bands & Artists forum to be only about guitar, though. There are discussions about drummers, keyboardists, etc. To me, it's ridiculous to give rock as a whole so many forums (Metal, Nu Metal, Modern Rock, Classic Rock) yet disregard Classical, which is arguably the most important genre in all of music.
I'd push for it. Classical, to me, is too important to be pushed into "Other", when there could potentially be a crapload of discussion regarding solely classical music in an entirely separate forum. Classical guitar, composers, famous compositions, etc. I can see a LOT of discussion going on about it.
I guess I'm just saying that I'd love to see a Classical forum. Any Classical discussion at all would be acceptable, though. It just seems big enough and important enough to deserve its own forum. Whatever.Well, there's currently a classical thread in the Other Forum. For now we can just post there. Maybe if it catches on with several hundred posts, then it might be consiedered ;)

SethMegadefan
10-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Well, there's currently a classical thread in the Other Forum. For now we can just post there. Maybe if it catches on with several hundred posts, then it might be consiedered ;)
Wow, I actually didn't know there was already a classical thread. :o Jeez, I get all worked up about something that already partially exists! Sheesh!
Yeah, I suppose that'll do for now. I wasn't aware that there was already a thread for it.