Is my band bad?

PDA

View Full Version : Is my band bad?

StrokeMidnight
10-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Alright, I don't think we're good. But I don't think we're bad. I know our singer sucks and all that but I think at least one of our songs is okay. Forget about the singing and try and listen to the instruments.

We're changing our style to thrash though so if you think we're bad we'll be a lot better.

Here's our site:

www.strokeofmidnightband.com

Oh yeah and at least try to give a little constructive criticism.

Slashrulz
10-26-2006, 05:17 PM
not bad...

devilscruffs14
10-26-2006, 05:19 PM
its okay

roythereaper
10-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Get rid of the singer, his vocals/lyrics are pretty weak. He sounds like a 12 year old, in all honesty.

Not really up to much, but if you could play thrash I wish you well.

GDTSA
10-26-2006, 05:24 PM
the drums sound really fake... but you guys are pretty cool. I am in LOVE with the clock =]

Bumper
10-26-2006, 05:26 PM
The first part sounds like a pre-pubescent version of The Cure. A bad version, mind you. The chorus bit is horrible. It sounds to me like you've all been playing your instruments for about 5 months and your singers testicles have yet to drop.

StrokeMidnight
10-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Well the part about the instruments I can agree with. It sounds like that. Really we've been playing for a lot longer. Guitar- 2 years Drums- 4 years Bass- 5 weeks. Yeah. We just didn't put that much into our first recording.

Bumper
10-26-2006, 05:36 PM
^The chorus bit sounds a bit off, like something is messed up in the timing. BTW I'm not trying to bash you or anything here, I'm just being brutally honest.

StrokeMidnight
10-26-2006, 06:10 PM
No more opinions?

*.*
10-26-2006, 06:25 PM
As soon as the vocalist hits puberty it should sound better. The site is pretty awesome, so keep up the work.

StrokeMidnight
10-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Any1 else?

Dozza
10-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Yeah, the drums sound bad in that... and is that squeaky thing the bass? I thought the vocalist was a girl?

StrokeMidnight
10-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Ok.

Dozza
10-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Eh, sorry to unload a bit of critism. Erm... try having the bass as bass (assuming now that that was the bass). Howcome you don't just grab a new singer if you know that that singer isn't goo enough?

StrokeMidnight
10-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Because we can't find one.

StrokeMidnight
10-26-2006, 08:31 PM
We're trying hard but... oh yeah and I always thought the bass line was too high. He never listened to me but maybe he will now.

Dozza
10-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Eh, you shouldn't continue with one that's bad though. Plus... you need to make the sure your bass player works co-operatively with the rest of your band... or else maybe you need a new bass player. Everyone has to agree on everything and get on aswell as be good at their instrument.

StrokeMidnight
10-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Yeah. Anyone else?

-=Led_Hed=-
10-29-2006, 12:11 AM
i guess ur the guitarist, it sounds pretty good, good melody and the lyrics are ok, just no need to repeat bout the singer and bass, bass sounds kinda cool all sloppy and dirty like that

bassinbrad
10-29-2006, 06:18 AM
i really like the site!......however the intro song that comes on the site... "dealing with it" it think the hi hat on the drums is out of time? or the guitar......but with that yeloow brick road song.....i think the drums and guitar may be the only thing going for you..... i realise that the bass player had only been plying for 5 weeks, but...the bass was really bad.... and the singing allready been mentioned....
but the fact is...your out their and doing it! and if you love it, screw everyone else and do what you love.
and the fact is any band gets better as they get more influences and experiance... id like to hear som more in the future! keep it up

whitestripe22
10-29-2006, 06:52 AM
it would sound better with deeper bass.

The Nameless666
10-29-2006, 02:20 PM
dont get worked up about it, i think almost all teenage bands blow balls when they first start until they start getting some more experience working together and playing shows and such. I started my band when me and my friends were in grade 8 and we sucked so much balls. But after getting a new bass palyer, drummer, vocalist, and some experience playing together, we arent crap anymore, this took 3 years though for everything to finally mix how they are now. But the point is to not give up. Just stick with the band and keep progressing over time, even if it takes a couple years and you need to find a few new members. Just keep the same band name, and keep at least 2 origional members and people will start to reconize you over time.

So as long as you dont give up and stick with what you have, you will more the likly be rewarded for your pateince over time

guitarplayer222
10-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Get rid of the singer, his vocals/lyrics are pretty weak. He sounds like a 12 year old, in all honesty.

Not really up to much, but if you could play thrash I wish you well.
i agree with roythereaper dude lose the vocals :no: BUt guitar is good :peace:

eddiehimself
10-29-2006, 02:52 PM
That bass player is playing too high up, never mind about how long he's been playing, also the ****ness of the singing was really amplified by how loud it was compared to the rest of the instruments. If u want to improve on ur recordings in future, obviously get a new singer, play the bass an octave lower, record the guitar twice and put the 2nd time into the other speaker, this makes it sound very mint and finally, reduce the vocals a bit, it should be clear but it shouldn't overpower everything else. Can't wait to hear ur thrash stuff, post a thread when u do it.

A7XDisturbed
10-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey whats going on? I have to admit your guitar player should work on tempo. Each instrument in the instrumental is off. Your drums are to fast or your guitar is too slow. And ya the singer needs a lot of work. He is to high to be singing thrash metal. But other than that guys have some wicked riffs but just work on tempo. Peace :)