Missing You (ptab/midi)

PDA

View Full Version : Missing You (ptab/midi)

piquet
10-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Written for someone, obviously... ;) If you can't tell, I was on a bit of a Scorpions binge when I wrote it. The break is too "Still Loving You", I think; but once I realized it, I said "screw it" and here's what we have!

But, enjoy it. It's my culmination of about ... maybe two hours work over a few days.

Quik Axe Player
10-27-2006, 07:15 PM
That made my ears [B]BLEED[B]. You have many things wrong and things that should be fixed.

1) Keep track of the total beats per measure, must were two measures in one.
2) IMO guitar 2 would sound better on clean

piquet
10-27-2006, 07:45 PM
:D Yeah, I was lazy with the measures, I must admit. But, it's just a technical difficulty that has nothing to do with the music itself, so I'm just going to leave it be.

As far as guitar 2 turning clean electric, it isn't going to happen! :p: The wammy bar doesn't sound for tied notes with the clean electric; however, I did make a compromise. I lowered the volume of the distortion guitar and added a clean jazz to the guitar 2 sections to help raise it a bit. It sounds better, I think for those sections alone ... but for the second distortion guitar doing all the bends and little solo bits and stuff, the jazz/'stortion doesn't seem to fit.

As far as many things wrong with the piece that should be fixed, aside from the little technical stuff like time signatures and measures - would you mind giving me a hint as to where I've gone wrong? The only thing I really don't like about it is the solo bit in 30/31. It just seems out of place.

Quik Axe Player
10-27-2006, 07:53 PM
It was fine besides what I said already. Could you add the new verison?

piquet
10-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah, here it is.

l3fty_g3n1u5_89
10-29-2006, 06:46 PM
it was ok
list of improvments
1 take out the power chords
2 the note on the first fret low E string should be a ghost note
3 both 1 and 2

Bodomizer
10-29-2006, 11:45 PM
i liked it alot man. i got a suggestion though. when you switch to the power chords, instead of playing whole notes, i think it would sound alot better if you played 8th notes. Also, the outro was kinda weird. some of those licks didn't sound very good. just a few minor things though. very good job. if you get the time could you please comment the song at the very bottom of my signature.."3-0-9" I'd appreciate it.