First song...

PDA

View Full Version : First song...

gatewaytobeyond
10-29-2006, 12:59 AM
So I've been playing for about a year now...and have really taken a liking to playing semi-fast. So I was messing around the other day and came up with this. It's very short as of right now, but I haven't had much time to work on it. Please let me know what you think..honest opinions...don't be too harsh cuz it's the first thing I've ever wrote. :)

_3Lm0_
10-29-2006, 01:05 AM
gah gp5...
use gp4 for the people who are too lazy to upgrade.

~DrEaM ThEaTeR~
10-29-2006, 01:26 AM
it was pretty basic...maybe you need some other instruments in there. bar 4 sounds alot like master of puppets...you listen to metallica?

gatewaytobeyond
10-29-2006, 10:52 AM
I do, but rarely, after i made it up i realized it did sound like that one riff from master of puppets....but that particular riff is played different, and mine is easier to play. Plus, I made mine up so, since it wasn't taken from that song or anything, I'm going to keep it. What about tips for making a drum track for it? What about a bass line(I don't know much music theory, I'm trying to learn it, but as of right now, I just play my little guitar).

Ascendancy5
10-29-2006, 12:32 PM
It's a good start to a song, but definetly you need to add more to it.

And what site to you go to that lets you host your files as downloadable .zip files?

gatewaytobeyond
10-29-2006, 01:21 PM
when i posted the thread...at the bottom it had "attatchments" and i just uploaded it there...other than that, I'm not very sure

arcains_valor
10-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Dude. That's tight. Keep working on it.

gatewaytobeyond
10-29-2006, 11:31 PM
alright...added more to the guitar...and added a simple bass line...nothing impressive(actually...nothing about this song is since its my first attempt) something sounds wrong with the bass to me...what do you think?

Bodomizer
10-30-2006, 12:01 AM
its nearly impossible to hear the bass. if i were you i would have the bass play the same thing as the guitar..

gatewaytobeyond
10-30-2006, 12:15 AM
so maybe turn the guitar track down and have the bass mirror the guitar? or change the bass from maybe dadg to eadg?