Shouldn't there be some kind of purge system from crappy tabs?

PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't there be some kind of purge system from crappy tabs?

MoonBoots432
10-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Like, say there's a tab with 5 stars, and a tab of the same song right next to it with one. If like, more than 1 person rated the one tab 5, and more than one person rated the other tab a 1, then the lesser tab should go into some kind of purge category, so you still get credit for contributing. I just don't have to see it...

Sturc
10-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Binge and purge!

viperdude
10-29-2006, 12:01 PM
well i pernsonally look at the lower rated ones as well as the higher ones jsut because i like to take bits from each one.. some songs are really hard to tab and maybe one has the into down but the well rated one doesnt have the into good but evrything else. just a thought

Dayn
10-29-2006, 12:03 PM
As viperdude said, I like to look at more than one as well. Perhaps extremely poorly explained/set out tabs and duplicates should be purged?

Incubus_SCIENCE
10-29-2006, 12:15 PM
The problem is, there would be sooo many tabs that needed to be purged it would take a very long time. Thats why UG has such a strict tab acquisition policy. We purge tabs when the are first submitted and deny ones were there is : a) the same tab with a high rating, b) tabs that are incomplete or partial. If a song is not yet in the tab archive, it will most of the time be accepted automatically, as long as it is not incomplete.

Although, there should be designated people who accept/deny tabs so that more time is spent reviewing tabs and making sure they are correct. I have realized that a lot of really bad tabs are being accepted.

Basically what I'm suggesting is a group of people like moderators or CC's who have access to the normal page where tabs are approved or denied. They could spend a little bit more time reviewing each tab than usual... As a bass player, it doesn't seem like there is a person approving/denying bass tabs. A lot of the tabs that get accepted are total ****. Just an idea. Or we could just assign current mods and CCs this ability,

paintITblack39
10-29-2006, 12:37 PM
You do know that EVERYONE has access to the tabs. Some people give low ratings out of hate.

GuitarManiac09
10-29-2006, 12:53 PM
You do know that EVERYONE has access to the tabs. Some people give low ratings out of hate.
Great point. I think it is fine the way it is, I just sift through the tabs and pick the one I find the most accurate, works for me... :)

MoonBoots432
11-04-2006, 04:17 PM
I suppose, but I mean, if 75 people voted a tab 5 stars, and 10 people voted a tab 1, I think it should definitely be purged. But I see what you're saying.

paintITblack39
11-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Not only that, but tabs are accepted for a reason, as well.

MoonBoots432
11-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Well, as has been discussed right here, the moderation of accepted tabs isn't all that great.