Leper (Power Tab)

PDA

View Full Version : Leper (Power Tab)

Burning_Angel
10-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Alright, first song i've posted here, so, I was wondering if I could get any advice, crits, help, anything really. I dont care.

I love the solo I put on it though. Its possibly my favorite that I've ever written.

The bass is ok, although I'm not a bassist, it seems ok. If you cant tell I like harmonizing the bass and the rhythm guitar or the lead guitar. Sometimes I just put everything together... Its weird. Whatever works for me I guess.

axeslinger01
10-29-2006, 02:12 PM
a bit disjointed but overall good

Spark1284
10-29-2006, 02:19 PM
it started off good, then it jsut got disgustingly dissonant to where i could barely listen to it. dissonance works great in context, but jsut pure random ridiculouslness is painful.

gutsman
10-29-2006, 02:20 PM
too much dissonance? my ears exploded

the intro is nice, but i don't really dig rest of the stuff. the solo is quite cool though

Burning_Angel
10-29-2006, 02:30 PM
a bit disjointed but overall good

ok...

it started off good, then it jsut got disgustingly dissonant to where i could barely listen to it. dissonance works great in context, but jsut pure random ridiculouslness is painful.

Any advice to fix it... thats my issue at the moment. course its a rough draft.

gutsman- thanks but how to fix the dissonance? I know thats my issue...

SGxMastodonxSG
10-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Not often you see a song that seems to be based on the Locrian mode.
Ummm, the intro was pretty cool, but I do agree with the others, you just got too carried away I guess. Some of the riffs don't even seem like riffs, more like scales.
Umm, yeah, I don't know much else to say.
The outro annoyed me. It's probably the most dissonant part of the song, and is a pretty weak ending.
At the very beginning of the solo, the rhythm sounded a bit dissonant, and I was expected fot it to shortly change, but it didn't. You should keep the rhythm guitar's parts in the solo for the first 4 bars, then try to change I guess, so it's less....dissonant. Use the first 4 bars as a build-up I guess.
Ah, that's another point. Many of the riffs just come out of nowhere. It seems like a bunch of random riffs put together. Try adding some smother transitions, build-ups, wutever.
There were definately some cool riffs (i.e. Intro, Verse, etc.) but it all seems to random, and I thing the dissonant sound thing was taken a bit too far.

Crit4Crit? Link in sig.

l3fty_g3n1u5_89
10-29-2006, 05:27 PM
solo was good that was about it though everything else sounded like out of tune crap

icantplaythis!
10-30-2006, 01:01 AM
In bar 20 the first note in the second stave sounds bad there, and bar 29 seemed pointless.

I really liked bars 59-61

Also.. redo the entire outro.

Ok so anyway, I'm not sure what dissonant means but I think it means when the rythm is playing a certain chord, the lead plays a note not in that chord.. I dunno. I liked where you were going with the riffs and stuff and I think it woulda sounded a lot better if you had relied mainly on octaves for your rhythm pieces (octoaves being thos x7x9xx chords.) With some more practice you'll make some gnarly stuff though.

Just out of curiosity, did you base that song in a particular scale, and if so which?

Burning_Angel
10-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Ah! Thank you. Constructive Criticism for once! ...I hate to say it but if I did base it in a certain scale my fingers did it by themselves, I didnt notice it... But that one person said it was in Locrian Mode, so, i dunno.

SGxMastodonxSG
10-30-2006, 03:21 AM
Ah! Thank you. Constructive Criticism for once! ...I hate to say it but if I did base it in a certain scale my fingers did it by themselves, I didnt notice it... But that one person said it was in Locrian Mode, so, i dunno.
But then again, I'm a total retard, and I've just started to grasp the idea of modes.
the Locrian mode is based of the 7th degree of the major scale...the diminished scale I guess. I could be completely wrong.

But anyway, yeah, I said everything I wanted to in my first post.

Nunwhxre 666
10-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Well, my advice would be to crop everything and start over. Because I didn't find one thing in there that sounded good. Sorry, bro. You have FAR FAR FAR too much dissonance. Dissonance isn't bad, as long as you use it sparingly and use it right. Your "riffs" basically come out of nowhere. They all seem so...random. Though I did find measures 14 and 15 quite good, that's not enough. Now, just to keep this a somewhat constructive crit, you need to pretty much re-write this. You can get rid of the horrid dissonance by actually making your rhythms and leads go together. Don't just randomly write riffs and put them together, because 9 times out of 10 it won't work out for you. But, all hope isn't lost. I think you could have potential if you just worked a little harder and tried to make your riffs fit together.

Better luck next time, bro.

cool#9
10-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Man i dunno what to say about this one, i liked it but i didn't, the dissonance sounded good and bad most of the time, and bad the rest of the time. I'd fine tune it so theres less dissonance and things sound a little more pleasing to the ear.

SmElLy KiD
10-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Me thinks somebody likes Opeth.

and not bad

NosferatuZodd09
03-28-2008, 02:15 PM
i got like a crazy opeth out of it as far as constructive criticism, its your song, so if you like it, then so be it, this type of stuff has an audience, i for one didnt think it was that bad, it was actually interesting

I have a similar song -time sig changes, not really riff structures- that i might put up soon >.>

Burning_Angel
03-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Holy ****, you must be digging into the way old ****...

I mean I didnt even remember this ****ty old song... :p: