[GP5 + MIDI] Colonies in the Sky.... (Progressive Tech Metal?)

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5 + MIDI] Colonies in the Sky.... (Progressive Tech Metal?)

SGxMastodonxSG
10-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey, umm, this is the 2nd song I've submitted here. It's not really even done, I just want some critique on what I have so far (when I update the song/add stuff to it, I'll upload the new version here). Anyway, this song will probably be for my band. I'm the only one out of them who really has any music theory knowledge, so I pretty much write the songs. This song is sort of a departure of our other songs (they sound closer the something Coheed and Cambria would write). Anyway yeah, lemme know what you think, and remember it isn't finished yet. Oh, and I haven't added drums yet, since I suck at writing drumlines, and our drummer is pretty new, so i don't really know what he is capable of.

PS: on the track names, 'Dylan' is me.

RedDeath9
10-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey I liked it. The intro solo was very cool. Liked the feeling of bars 13 - 28. The verse was kind of boring, but with drums and vocals, could be a lot better. Maybe the bass could be playing a melody in some parts of it? Instead of just D#s... Whatever. Onto the tech tapping part. I loved it when it harmonized. And the Prechorus part was so-so, probably could have been better with vocals and drums. Can't wait till it's finished.

SGxMastodonxSG
10-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I felt the same way about the verse, but I think it will be better with vocals doing melody.
And yeah, I'll talk with m bassist about melody lines, cuz I'm not totally sure of what he's capable of, now that he plays with his fingers. I preffer to have the bass playing exotic melody lines and ****, instead of just root notes, so that's something that'll prolly change.