Some Metal Song (GP5 + MIDI)

PDA

View Full Version : Some Metal Song (GP5 + MIDI)

nexteyenate
10-30-2006, 05:00 PM
part of a batch of new songs i made (i probably won't post the other ones). Probably not one of my better ones but it still deserves a look.

Mark-O1987666
10-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Wow man, I'm gonna learn this on guitar (if that's alright with yourself), it's actually well good. Good work man

Mark-O

~DrEaM ThEaTeR~
10-30-2006, 06:59 PM
excellent work man i enjoyed it all the way through

CoDee
10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Very nice. Influences?

nexteyenate
10-30-2006, 09:59 PM
yes, of course u can learn this, mark-o. thats like the best compliment u can give someone by learning their song. My influences in this song: 1. My guitar teacher (I just learned how to apply scales to songs) 2. Trivium 3. the main riff was inspired by As I Lay Dying. Those influences are probably not the best, but when put together they can make a pretty cool song.

ShadowintheSun
11-13-2006, 05:14 PM
I really enjoyed this as well. Not as good as Peaceful Predator in my opinion, but it still gets my vote.

8/10

Stolenidentity1
11-13-2006, 05:20 PM
For some reason it says "the file Some Song could not be found"

But with the influences, its sounds pretty metalcore, i will listen to it when i can and crit it :)

EDIT: okay got it now (crit as i listen)

The intro get somewhat boring, maybe repeat 2 times, i like the riffage afterwards, the leads are great, i like the bridge, then what i would guess it the chorus afterwards, the slides in the verse afterwards dont sound right though, make them legato or something. I like how you have the vocals posted to, dont see that to often here. the breakdown is pretty nice, the solo is great, but it seems like to much non-stop playing its not got much technique, but like you said you just learned scales so its expected. The ending is way to abrubt, maybe have 4 or 5 repeats and a fade added in there. Oh and the bass is pretty nice as well, but in the intro it just doesnt sound right, but thats probibly just cause the midi sounds, damn GP demo.

Over all a 7/10

g.a.r.r.y
11-15-2006, 05:24 AM
i really liked it, good job. i can hear the as i lay dying and trivium influences also