Help make the tabs more lefty friendly?

PDA

View Full Version : Help make the tabs more lefty friendly?

leftyandlearnin
10-31-2006, 07:53 PM
Yay. First post, first thread, yadda yadda. I've joined forums before, I know how this works. My most recent thought while browsing songs for a few more complicated pieces was doubly confounded by the fact that everything is in right handed tabs. I play lefty. I spent two months trying to work out playing right handed... and it didnt work. Sad, huh? So, I was forced to play with my dominant hand. I sound pretty well and all that, but everything I play is left handed! And all the tabs I download here have to be converted from right handed to left handed! This has given me a major headache on several occasions and resulted in incorrect song playing. My point to this rambling is that if there was a way to set up a browsing option to display tabs in left handed modes, or something to that affect, could/would it be done? I for one would be greatly appreciate it, and I do belive that other left handed users out ther would be just as greatful. If not, I suppose I can continue the work of transcribing tabs into left form, but I'm lazy and would like it to be easy. If anyone out there knows of some software that would allow me to take the text files and convert them into a left handed version, I would be eternally grateful, as you cannot just take and flip the tabs. That just is messy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (if no help is out there, then take this as a forum suggestion- lol)

Adio_stack
10-31-2006, 07:59 PM
can you please explain how the righty and lefty tabs are different?

guitr323
10-31-2006, 08:01 PM
I have no idea how to make it work, but as a righty i find you're problem really funny.

CanadaHckyDude
10-31-2006, 08:06 PM
ya it is really funny. you can just get used to the high E being at the top and Low E being at the bottom and suck it up.

but ya his problem is that:
Righty tabs : e---
B---
G---
D---
A---
E---

Lefty Tab:
E---
A---
D---
G---
B---
e---

Incubus_SCIENCE
10-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Its all the same... just learn it from a different angle?!?!

I played lefty guitar before switching to righty bass... and there is NO change in tablature. Its kind of like reading music. You don't flip the staff.

JustRooster
10-31-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't see how they're different at all.

SandmaN211
10-31-2006, 09:32 PM
true its like reading/writing, u read from left to right not right to left, same with music, i dotn see the difference...
correct me if im wrong :)

wahappen
10-31-2006, 09:59 PM
:rolleyes: .seitfel rof pu me' tsop ll'ew dna su rof dnuora meht hctiws ,etis eht no bat yreve ekat UOY ... melborp oN

FrenchyFungus
10-31-2006, 10:45 PM
:rolleyes: .seitfel rof pu me' tsop ll'ew dna su rof dnuora meht hctiws ,etis eht no bat yreve ekat UOY ... melborp oN

:haha

But, I don't see how it's different. Tbh, I think it's kinda silly putting tabs the way up they are. Any time I've shown a non-guitarist a tab they've thought the low E was at the top.

I'm sorry, I'm probably biased, but I say get used to it.

IndieMetalhead
11-01-2006, 05:57 AM
Hang on, a left handed guitar is not strung eBGDAE. its still strung EADGBe, and the tabs are the same. but if you want to learn songs upside down, feel free.

fronkpies
11-01-2006, 06:17 AM
If you play a a normal leftie guitar then the tabs will still be the same, but are you talking about people who play leftie but string there guitars a different way?

Because thats your problem.

IndieMetalhead
11-01-2006, 06:28 AM
If you play a a normal leftie guitar then the tabs will still be the same, but are you talking about people who play leftie but string there guitars a different way?

Because thats your problem.

Exactly. anyway, stringing them that way is just retarded, and will show you down by miles.

paintITblack39
11-01-2006, 10:15 AM
For a minute I thought you were speaking some foreign language.

Anyway, Lefty guitars are strung just like righty guitars, there's no point in flipping them. If you want to play lefty, re-string them or buy a lefty guitar.

A7XDisturbed
11-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I agree with paintITblack39