Still working on a title (rock?) (gp5/midi)

PDA

View Full Version : Still working on a title (rock?) (gp5/midi)

Sarcasmo
11-02-2006, 12:15 AM
I guess this is kind of a rock/punk song, but i like it. Tell me what you think.

Fargalas
11-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah, that's pretty cool. Sounds basically like something I'd hear on the rock countdown on MTV2, or something...

The only problem with it was the drumming was WAY too basic and more of a nuisance than anything. In fact, I thought it sounded infinitely better when I muted the drumming. At least lower the volume on the drums, ugh.

But yeah, I could imagine a good local act playing that type of thing. Not totally my style, but works well enough. Kudos to you.

urrynater
11-02-2006, 12:37 AM
hey i like it. good job! it's really catchy and there are some good hooks.

NovemberRain273
11-02-2006, 07:56 AM
wow i enjoyed that, pretty good. the leads fit the song perfectly. nice job!

nexteyenate
11-02-2006, 06:13 PM
woah that sounded a lot like Hawthorne Heights except definitely better for some reason. I dont know why but i had this feeling the whole way through that this song could become famous or something. very, VERY awesome!

gutsman
11-03-2006, 08:43 AM
hmm not really my style but sounds catchy :)

the riffs and harmonies go well together. also very nicely structured. the bridge was the best imo

sounds kinda dull without the lyrics though, would love to hear a recorded version :)

ShadowintheSun
11-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Awesome, not much more i can say about it. There is one problem with it though...
If ur no good at drums there's no harm in makin an effort. They don't go with the rest, but the rest is nearly perfect.
With drums 6/10
Without drums 9.5/10

Crit mine? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462170)

Stolenidentity1
11-13-2006, 06:23 PM
one word.....emo, i dont like emo, so i dont like this, Its okay dont take me wrong, just cause i dont like it doesnt mean its no good

Bass suggestion for pre-chorus:

G|------------------|---7-8-10--10--XX|----------------|---------------|
D|0-7-8-8-7-8-8-7-8-|10---------------|7-8-8-7-8-8-7-8-|10-8-7--------0|
A|0-----------------|-----------------|----------------|-------10-8---0|
E|------------------|-----------------|----------------|---------------|

there all 8th notes except the two mutes and the final eight which is a half

Jaykib
11-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Wow, nice working around the G minor pentatonic [G-A#-C-D-F]
It was catchy, no serious flaws, it's not my style but people will surely like it. Calm sound.

Just please don't ruin it with horrible singing like most bands these days. It has serious potential in my oppinion.

Peteh! :D
11-13-2006, 11:44 PM
do you people like the chorus drums at least? Or do you hate everything?

JCShark
11-14-2006, 12:58 PM
pretty good, not bothered bout that little end bit but it werent bad overall

Nightmare_xxx
11-14-2006, 04:50 PM
if you get a decent drummer to work on it and seriously fix the constant boringness it would sound immense, because everything else would be great. i really hope you have a band and can get this sounding good, because i'd like to hear a recording of a finished version :)

varga88
11-16-2006, 04:22 PM
hey thanks for cirtting mine!..

This song of yours is really well done, definetley put together with some sense of thoguht put into it, flows extremley nicely and the riffs are for once enjoyable to the ear!

GiantRaven
11-16-2006, 04:35 PM
The guitars are ace, sound nice together

The Bassline/Drums need to improved a lot though

Crit Mine? (Link in sig)

Redberry
11-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Awesome track. If it had vocals it would definately have a place in my music library. How long did this take to write/how long have you been doing this sort of thing? I am trying to write my first song and its going nowhere fast...

Sarcasmo
11-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks for giving mine a listen, i'm glad you liked it. I think it took about 2-3 days from start to finish. I've got a couple other ones i'm working on that need some finishing touches. I've been playing guitar for about 4 years i guess and have always tried writing my own stuff. It's just practice really, the more you keep at it the better you get. If you need some suggestions on anything you have i can give it a listen and tell you what i think.

AdamDK
11-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Awesome song, some of those riffs and harmonies kept me hooked into it. I thoroughly enjoyed that, I'm looking forward to more of your material.

§tratocaster
11-19-2006, 06:52 PM
nice! i liked that and it sounded really good with RSE or whatever its called. might i encourage a solo?

TGFTW
11-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Hook in the chorus was great. I could acctualy picture how it would sound with real instruments. the 3rd guitar fits and is placed well to give you that extra boost you got a good song going here man keep up the good work. perhaps a solo, would be in order for the next tune.

Gibson06
11-22-2006, 01:12 PM
I like it... the drums get kind of annoying since they are so basic.... put a little work into the drums and it'll be awesome.... 7/10

check out my acoustic rock solo http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470670