[ptb/midi] thrash metal song

PDA

View Full Version : [ptb/midi] thrash metal song

onebetter
11-02-2006, 05:24 PM
my new song, i guess it would be thrash metal, sounds kind of like slayer in some parts and lamb of god in others. some of the transitions are a little choppy, but this is one m of my better sounding songs, i think. Tell me what you think.

cool#9
11-02-2006, 05:33 PM
metal isn't my thing, but i did like it, good piece

Stolenidentity1
11-02-2006, 06:33 PM
not thrash and NOT DEATH METAL by any means.

Its really more metalcore, heavy into it like unearth or something, could be thrash but idk

I say its good, but in the verses and stuff, instead of straight 8ths notes, add some 16ths notes in there. i like it but that would make it better.

Burning_Angel
11-02-2006, 06:44 PM
ugh... very metalcore. very not death metal. not thrash.

but.. aside from that, your right, it did sound fairly good.

Nunwhxre 666
11-02-2006, 10:16 PM
It was decent. But, I wouldn't call it thrash or death metal. Nu-metal/metalcore maybe? I don't know. But, still pretty decent nonetheless. Crit one of mine if you get a chance? Links in sig.

onebetter
11-04-2006, 07:55 PM
hey guys thanks for the responses, i changed the ending a little instead of the crap one i had before. And, for the record, I didnt think my song sounded death metal, ijust named it that because i already had a file named 'thrash metal' on my computer, it's nowhere near heavy enough for death metal.

Csquared1001
11-04-2006, 08:12 PM
yeah it's alright. Not really metal though. 7/10

crit mine (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460529) ?

RedDeath9
11-05-2006, 01:39 AM
The intro was alright... the verse was ok too, got a little repetative. I liked the chorus more than the intro and the verse. It was alright, you should try adding a solo to it, it would make it a lot better. Crit mine?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7245872

Spark1284
11-05-2006, 02:09 AM
i like the first three chromatic notes in the intro, i think that alone would make a sick intro. theres not much rhythm going on tho, its all strait 8th's except for the intro riff. and the breakdown really makes this metalcore. aside from the intro as stated i dont like the use of chromatic notes, its all pretty strait forward and sounds alot like slayer, and where it doesnt lol it does in fact sound liek log. its all well composed but it just blends in with everything else

NovemberRain273
01-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Intro's pretty solid. It seriously needs some drums and bass. The riff at bar 13-14....ive heard it before. The exact one. Its from a children of bodom song. Altogether, its alright. It needs some lead parts to keep it interesting. Nice job.

ch715dallat
02-14-2007, 09:33 AM
yeah its good i liked it alot, but as november rain said that riff is in a COB song its identical except for the last 3 notes, its in bed of razors, same timing and rhythm of that riff and everything, maybe just change up teh rhythm so it doesnt sound the same.