Eh?

PDA

View Full Version : Eh?

walkinbazooka
11-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Hi. I recently composed a classical peice on Guitar Pro 5 and I would like to know how to get it to a file and put it in the original recordings thread. I'm not sure about the terminology I used in that question. I'm not very good with computers. Thanks.

btw I checked the FAQ in the orininal recordings forum first and it wasn't there.

Gibson_SG_uzr55
11-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi. I recently composed a classical peice on Guitar Pro 5 and I would like to know how to get it to a file and put it in the original recordings thread. I'm not sure about the terminology I used in that question. I'm not very good with computers. Thanks.

btw I checked the FAQ in the orininal recordings forum first and it wasn't there.
I'm not sure, but I think what you submit has to be by an artist in the UG database.

walkinbazooka
11-02-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm not sure, but I think what you submit has to be by an artist in the UG database.
Nope. That's what the Cover Songs forum is for.

yawn
11-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Export it as a midi, and compress it as a zip file. Then upload it, and wah-lah - you have it available for other UG'ers to listen to.

Make sure you post it in the Tabs & Chords Section :)

Edit: Actually, since most UG'ers have Guitar Pro anyway, you could just upload the actual GP file instead, if you want.

walkinbazooka
11-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Export it as a midi, and compress it as a zip file. Then upload it, and wah-lah - you have it available for other UG'ers to listen to.

Make sure you post it in the Tabs & Chords Section :)

Edit: Actually, since most UG'ers have Guitar Pro anyway, you could just upload the actual GP file instead, if you want.
How do I do that?

yawn
11-02-2006, 08:24 PM
^ Do what, exactly?

Gibson06
11-02-2006, 08:32 PM
I believe he means how to upload the GP5 file

GuitarManiac09
11-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Compress as a zip file-You need to have winzip or winrar or some kind of zipping program. Go into my documents, find the file (files, you can do the MIDI, GP5, and GP4 for the most results) and right click it, there should be an option as "Winzip" or the like, and then click add as zip file. Do that with each the GP5, GP4, and Midi, and they should go into the same zip folder. THEN, you can upload the zip file onto UG.

Get your GP5 file as a GP4 and Midi- very simple, go to file>export> GP4 and then the same for Midi, and they should save in the same spot your GP5 file has. fairly simple.

walkinbazooka
11-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Compress as a zip file-You need to have winzip or winrar or some kind of zipping program. Go into my documents, find the file (files, you can do the MIDI, GP5, and GP4 for the most results) and right click it, there should be an option as "Winzip" or the like, and then click add as zip file. Do that with each the GP5, GP4, and Midi, and they should go into the same zip folder. THEN, you can upload the zip file onto UG.

Get your GP5 file as a GP4 and Midi- very simple, go to file>export> GP4 and then the same for Midi, and they should save in the same spot your GP5 file has. fairly simple.
oh i don't have a zipping program. :sad:

GuitarManiac09
11-02-2006, 10:41 PM
oh i don't have a zipping program. :sad:
no worries, just google it and download it. I believe Winrar is completely free, and Winzip you can use the evaluative version as long as you want. :cheers:

walkinbazooka
11-03-2006, 07:54 AM
OK thank you.