Progressive Technical Death (GP5+PTAB+MIDI)

PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Technical Death (GP5+PTAB+MIDI)

RedDeath9
11-05-2006, 01:33 AM
The intro still needs a little work, kinda seems totally random. It's pretty technical, till the end and a few other parts, get's a little progressive. A little bit of "grindcore" in there too, it doesn't really have any structure. However, I spent LOADS of time on the ending solo, insipired by Ad A Dglgmut - BTBAM. The PTAB is kinda bad in some parts, but it helps if you wanna know how to play it, the midi file is a lot better. And PTAB doesn't have drums. Here it is:

NEW VERSION, changed the intro and a bunch of other parts.

Instrumetal
11-05-2006, 01:36 AM
meh. i dont like it. its terribly repetitive and disjointed.

insideac
11-05-2006, 01:39 AM
It doesnt really feel like death metal, but I liked it, 8/10 . Some of the riffs can get pretty repetitive though, but im sure - Oh , bar 72 has a sweet riff! Im loving this one...9/10

k90728
11-05-2006, 01:40 AM
Sounds fake. VERY fake.

RedDeath9
11-05-2006, 01:42 AM
WoaH! 3 replies in such a short time.

ObscuredByLight
11-05-2006, 01:43 AM
wow that was totally kickin
9/10!!!!

franc0ph0bic
11-05-2006, 01:55 AM
really really bad up until the exit solo which I thought was amazing...
the real problem is that you need to keep a consistent time signature throughout different sections rather than use just random time to give it more of the feel of changing melodies and variation.

Molodov
11-05-2006, 01:56 AM
Very nice...

The interation between the bass and the guitar was enjoyable.

Good luck finding a drummer who can pull off/remember those time changes

Some notes sounded out of place during the solo, but the BTBAM harmony parts were glorious when they worked.

8/10

Edit:
really really bad up until the exit solo which I thought was amazing...
the real problem is that you need to keep a consistent time signature throughout different sections rather than use just random time to give it more of the feel of changing melodies and variation. You seem to miss the point of technical death metal. The changing time signatures are meant to give it an off-kilter, spastic feel...

Its tough to appreciate if you're not into that sort of thing

Spark1284
11-05-2006, 02:18 AM
your avatar tells all haha... it sounds like u tried wayyyyy too hard to make it prog. progressive music is so much more then ridiculous randomness and crazy time signatures. thats why prog metal was created by genius's and carried out by them, the art behind repitition is as equally important as the weird stuff. and around 3:00 or so it started to get a more traditional riff and then a reprise to the intro and that was cool and it felt good. but the 2:29 until then is completly overdone

RedDeath9
11-05-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm thinking about changing the intro, I don't really like it, and lots of other people don't like it... and the guy above me, are you saying that I should take out the 2:29 part? Because I don't really like that part either...

OK I uploaded another version, LOTS of changes. Took out the whole intro and put in another one. Made a bunch of other changes too.

ESPjohn666
11-05-2006, 08:36 PM
not bad...dig the solo at the end.

Burning_Angel
11-06-2006, 12:37 AM
At first it was just... one of those mediocre songs. But the outro solo saved it. The outro solo was quite honestly, beautiful.

6_6_6_1_syn
11-06-2006, 05:38 PM
the change in time signatures made it seem offbeat...it was like 1000 concepts/songs in one, but the solo saved it. Good ideas...

Crit? :D
New Song (http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460947)

RedDeath9
11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Dude, it's technical metal! It's supposed to be offbeat. Yeah, I can see, not many tech metal fans in this area of UG...

Night_Lights
11-07-2006, 12:14 AM
i dig that riff that begins ater the intro with that barre chord. thats a badass section.

onebetter
11-07-2006, 04:46 PM
im not really into tech death that much, its a little too off beat for me, but it definately was a good composition. The only thing i didnt like was the when it changed time and started sounding almost bluesy or something. Other than that it was good. 8/10.

leo_p8
11-08-2006, 02:46 PM
I loved most of the individual riffs... but really think they need to work together somehow... listen to any of the "great" TecDeath bands out there and you will realize that although the riffs change dramatically, just like the time signatures, it never interupts the songs FLOW... this has hazzardous flow from riff to riff in my opinion. While I did absolutely LOVE the final solo, I was very confused as to HOW THE SONG TURNED INTO A POWER BALAD when it came time for the solo?!?!? That is NOT a metal solo if I ever heard one... it starts off great... but just turns out too... pop.

All in all, I think this has some incredible potential... just arrange it a little better and try some bridging riffs (single bars) to give it some more flow... and although the solo is great... I'd recomend you write something more apropriate for the style.

Best of luck.

ctb
11-08-2006, 07:07 PM
The whole thing was brilliant but as leo_p8 said, that solo does not fit in.

coffeeguy9
11-08-2006, 07:24 PM
I was NOT a fan of the intro, found myself skipping through.

The out solo was godly amazing. Love the harmonies, arpeggios, and everything. The only thing that bothered me was that the solo didn't have like a complete climax. It builds and builds, but never really tops is off. Find a spot in there where all the counter-parts create tension against each other and then collide them into something that is unmistakeably a peak point in the song... then sorta fade out with a few licks to keep the song moving.

Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7279997#post7279997

Stolenidentity1
11-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Dude, it's technical metal! It's supposed to be offbeat. Yeah, I can see, not many tech metal fans in this area of UG...

Yeah ive noticed this too!!

I really love it, its got a good opeth like feel, with a nile mix in some areas

Poeple that dont understand tech/prog death shouldnt even bother criting the song because the poeple that really know what its about are just gonna think its absurd :no: no offense :p:

The end solo is just completly beautiful, but like leo sad, it turns sorta into a poison song lol, i love it though, so much......buttsecks?

RedDeath9
11-10-2006, 01:04 AM
...buttsecks?

Oh, come on, the "buttsecks" thing is getting old now...

Yes please. :(