Triumph[Powertab]

PDA

View Full Version : Triumph[Powertab]

DarkSonata
11-07-2006, 09:34 PM
It been a while since I actually started a new project and posted it here but I've found some time to write a little again. Here is my latest piece. I'm not sure what genre, but it is in the same one i write in a lot. It has piano, clean, and electric guitars. I also got some new speakers with a sub so I can hear bass now so I put some in for the first time. Don't flame me on the bass because its my first try at it. Anyways all crits are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

Envion
11-07-2006, 09:59 PM
this....is...amazing....

you.....are....god

lol

RedDeath9
11-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Critting as I listen, there is one part in the intro where the bass sounds off... I think it's bar 5. but it's alright. The solo was alright I guess... not as great as some of your others. Loved the paino riff after that. Loved the whole part the paino was playing actually. The bass was pretty good during bars 19-20, but maybe that's just because it never got a chance to shine before... Hm, alright... To be honest, I didn't really like the 2nd solo part. I don't think it was in the right scale... It's alright after that though. Dude. What's with the last note in bar 65. Sounds totally off. And it goes like that through the whole outro too... It was still good though, just fix that chord or whatever.

Overall, it was good, but I wouldn't take time away to listen to it, like Steel Rain :P

Spark1284
11-08-2006, 09:52 PM
honestly i was unimpressed with the solo, and the bass in bar 55 not 5 is where its off, the riffs too just werent that interesting. maybe im expecting too much

DarkSonata
11-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I don't write every song for amazing solos...you'll know when I write one for that, and i know the bass may be off in some places, it was my first time doing bass.

HumanitysDeath
11-09-2006, 12:08 AM
I didn't like the intro. The arrangement sounded poor, no offense.
That's for both the acoustic and lead guitar in the intro.

I like the piano part, but I do not like the transition into the piano part.
It made it sound like the piano was a whole new song or something.
The rest of that section sounds really good. A little cluttered at times, but I liked it. It sounded really good.

I don't especially like the lead guitar when it's just lead and acoustic. I like the acoustic, but not so much the lead.

After that part, where it has a repeat with acoustic then transitions into distortion again I like. That one chord, bar 61 and 65 has a very bad dissonance.
But starting bar 63, I like the piano section a lot. And it's a very good choice for the outro section.

Overall.. I dunno. I think it could use some work. It sounds kind of incomplete.

ctb
11-09-2006, 07:35 AM
I agree with what the others have said. It still has a great flow too it but this isn't as good as your other ones.

cool#9
11-09-2006, 05:30 PM
I like the piano, but i can't say much for the rest.