Most overated & underated guitar players!

PDA

View Full Version : Most overated & underated guitar players!

Ludwig9
11-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Most overated:
1) Eric Clapton (in his 40 year career i can barely justify his legendary status)
2) Kirk Hammet (for me the worst part of every Metallica song is his guitar solos)
3) Steve Vai (too often compared to EVH without deserving to be)

Most underated;
1) Frank Marino (one of the greatest blues players, should be as popular as SRV was)
2) Dave Sharman (montrous technique, exceptionally melodic, a true players player)
3) Allan Holdsworth (totally unique, a true innovator, wipes the floor with just about everyone)

Icons who deserve to be where they are;
1) Edward Van Halen (without doubt the most exciting & original player since Hendrix)
2) Jimi Hendrix ( a true pioneer, re-invented electric guitar & showed Clapton for what he was - BORING!)
3) Jimi Page (the cornerstone of one of the greatest rock bands of all time)

These are just MY opinions, you're entitled to disagree, it's a free country afterall (where i am anyway) but i''d be more interested in your choices then you just having a go at mine cos i don't want to have to come over & bitchslap you!

BreakingTheGirl
11-08-2006, 06:01 PM
ahh, young n00bhopper....
Thoust hath madeth ye olde mistake

pr3parez 4 teh fl4m1ngzz!?????@!!@211!
0r nawtz??

Edit: why is this is the 80s shred forum?.
you have much to learn youn n00bhopper.
read the rules.
obey them.
they are your means of survival.

Edit numero dos: yeahh hahaha man i'm ****ing bored as hell.

MiG_853
11-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Your missing out Gary Moore, who's seriously underated, as well as Steve Morse, I know they're older, but they're awsome.
So is Stevie Ray Vaughn.

SnowballofDoom
11-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Why did you post this in CR?

Scratch that, why do you insist on making threads?

ArcherTheVMan
11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
i disagree with your overratings (except for steve vai perhaps) but your underratings are true. i also think that nuno bettencourt is seriously underrated, and that kerry king is very overrated.

sampz
11-08-2006, 06:07 PM
erm most overated.... probably zakk wyled (cant spell and i know ppl will hate me for sayin that)
most underated...dunno coz all my fav guitaists r pretty well rated.....whats his name outa deep purple(deep purple themselves r underated)
and ppl who deserve fame...hendrix,page,stevie ray,slash.
btw i kinda agree with ya about clapton but i think the bluesbreaker/cream era was good.

MiG_853
11-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Steve Morse.... I already mentioned him (yes from deep purple)

Resiliance
11-08-2006, 06:21 PM
STOP MAKING STUPID THREADS.

*Closed*