and

Rendar: Man of power ever-lasting, to the world he will
embark upon his mission of justice unto the wicked
staff of margle-fark - with which he shall thwart, crush
and copulate

Opinions?

coffeeguy9
11-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Rendar: Double bass abuse FTW. Then at 1:40 it switches moods and tempos which gives it an odd end to a somewhat tech-metal song.

StrangerDangerAlpha: The beginning lead guitar sounds off, unless it's meant to be. Then at 40 secs in where the chord changes come in, try getting some counter motion in there, like some lead or a riff to go inbetween the chord changes. this could be awesome with some lyrics. At 1:45-ish where it builds up, it needs more of a climax before it goes into the next section. Drums here are nice. 2:28 the riffs and drum/bass correlation is pretty awesome. I'm not really a metal fan, but I know good composition skills when I hear em :D

GiantRaven
11-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Many thanks, i'll try and work those in :D

nickeh
11-11-2006, 06:56 AM
Im not a good at english or critic so im just gonna keep it simple.
Nice work dude, relly liked the bass!

Seth Shadow
11-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Raven :p: Very well done. It seems like you had a song stuck in your head :O some parts in Both songs resemble bat country when i import them into guitar pro. its a very nice blend and I LOVE the bass on Rendar.

GiantRaven
11-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Raven :p: Very well done. It seems like you had a song stuck in your head :O some parts in Both songs resemble bat country when i import them into guitar pro. its a very nice blend and I LOVE the bass on Rendar.
Hmm...damn the subconscious mind :haha

varga88
11-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Hey! thanks for critting mine i really appreciate it..!

I like about ure first song around 32 secs in to it it gets good..intro could use for melody for my taste :)

and your second song theres really not much i can crit on, its just good!

NovemberRain273
11-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Rendar:

I didnt like the drums. Rhythm was not bad, a little boring though. Add some more leads. Outro was ok, with just the bass as backing.

Altogether, extend it, add to it, and it will be pretty good.

§tratocaster
11-19-2006, 07:11 PM
nice piece. i like the bit around 2:00 (probably the solo), it fit really nice with what was going on.

edit: on "stranger....", that is.

Izdigger
11-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Wow, with the MIDI this sounds like the music from that Microsoft Hover-Car game :D
No offence, I loved that game :p:
But! It does feel a bit uninspired, but not really that bad.
I believe strongly in that it would sound off really good live, but on the MIDI, both songs sort of lose out to the obvious fact that the sound is bad.
Also, I don't regard them as really that good compositions, but post a live clip, and I will check it out :D

GiantRaven
12-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Wow, with the MIDI this sounds like the music from that Microsoft Hover-Car game :D
No offence, I loved that game :p:
But! It does feel a bit uninspired, but not really that bad.
I believe strongly in that it would sound off really good live, but on the MIDI, both songs sort of lose out to the obvious fact that the sound is bad.
Also, I don't regard them as really that good compositions, but post a live clip, and I will check it out :D

No offence taken :haha :D

And they are pretty uninspired to be honest, it was stuff I just did randomly

PinkIsCool
12-02-2006, 10:08 PM
If you've ever played Metroid Prime, the ending to rendar sounds strikingly familiar to the Metroid Prime theme song.

Otherwise, good work. I liked them both.

RedDeath9
01-04-2007, 03:51 PM
strangerdangeralpha- It starts out pretty cool, but when the lead comes in it sounds off... Bar 29 is pretty cool. Some parts in the solo sounded off, but it was still ok.

Rendar- Drums are pretty sweet. Liked the time signature changes, seemed to fit with whatever was going on... Pretty good.