Is Slash over rated?

PDA

View Full Version : Is Slash over rated?

Ben_H
11-09-2006, 03:33 PM
we want peoples thoughts here!! right here! no holding back, you can argue or whatever you want! all that matters is that its a matter of opinion!

l3xbi
11-09-2006, 03:39 PM
yes he is.

im_hungry
11-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Of course not ;)

holyspacemonkey
11-09-2006, 03:43 PM
No. Slash is king, no doubt about that. He may not be the fastest player, and to be honest he probably can't sweep pick very well, but the fact is that this guy can pour his heart and soul out through a guitar, and that is what, in my opinion, matters the most not just in guitar-playing but in all music. After all, music is a form of expression, and to me, sticking a 10 octave scale into a solo played at a trillion beats per minute, while no doubt skilful, is not expressing any of the guitarist's feelings. Of course, this is only my opinion, and there are exceptions, but in my mind, Slash is perhaps the greatest guitarist to ever grace this earth.

potownshredder
11-09-2006, 03:44 PM
ummm..i guess hes good but hes not that good. Like with kurt kobain being in the best guitarists issue of rolling stones. to no guitar players if someones famous they think they must be good

Scorzerci
11-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Guns And Roses Thread!!!!

dumbasss
11-09-2006, 03:45 PM
^holyspacemonkey is right, guitar playing isn't just what you can do with your fingers, but also how good you can express your feelings on guitar, and it also is very difficult to do, but in another way than playing extremely fast

GuitarBoy-IL
11-09-2006, 03:46 PM
No. Slash is king, no doubt about that. He may not be the fastest player, and to be honest he probably can't sweep pick very well, but the fact is that this guy can pour his heart and soul out through a guitar, and that is what, in my opinion, matters the most not just in guitar-playing but in all music. After all, music is a form of expression, and to me, sticking a 10 octave scale into a solo played at a trillion beats per minute, while no doubt skilful, is not expressing any of the guitarist's feelings. Of course, this is only my opinion, and there are exceptions, but in my mind, Slash is perhaps the greatest guitarist to ever grace this earth.
X1, without "perhaps the greatest guitarist to ever grace this earth."
but he's a great player, nore feel than technique.

BadKarma
11-09-2006, 03:47 PM
SLASH = GOD, end of story.

oskar_guitar
11-09-2006, 03:48 PM
like the guy who said that slash gave emotion into his playing instead of just picking fast with no creativity or style *cough*Herman Lee*cough* .
but with that said, i still dont think that hes the best but hes not as overrated as Kurt Cobain

peace_of_mind
11-09-2006, 03:48 PM
No he's not. He's the kind of player who doesn't need to play fast, it sounds awesome anyway. He's got that wonderful feel for the instrument that only a few players has. I think Slash is just as great as Jiimy Page, Richie Blackmore, Joe Perry and many others.