[Powertab, MIDI] Vertex, classical counterpoint?

PDA

View Full Version : [Powertab, MIDI] Vertex, classical counterpoint?

poopikins
11-10-2006, 03:47 PM
This is a sort of classical sounding counterpoint song for two guitars. I think I pulled it off pretty well but I might have failed miserably. You decide.

Nunwhxre 666
11-10-2006, 04:18 PM
It was ok, but there were alot of measures where the two guitar parts didn't seem to go together well, or sometimes at all. And a few parts sounded too dissonant for a classical themed song. You certainly didn't fail miserably but, it wasn't done as well as it could have been done. Give it 2 or 3 more listens, and try and fix some of the dissonant sounding measures.

Just to give you an idea of the measures that didn't sound too good:
Measures 1 and 2. Measures 19, and 20. Measure 28 and 30. Measures 31 to 35. All of the bridge sounded awkward and probably should be scrapped. And the breakdown could use a little work.

Other than that. It was decent. Just try and fix some of the dissonant measures. And could you crit mine if you get a chance? Links are in my sig.

poopikins
11-10-2006, 07:27 PM
It probably sounds off in some places because I staggered alot of the rhythm. I know it might sound a little strange, but I wasn't really going for a normal sounding song. I'm not sure if I should have called it classical because it really deviates from classical rules all over the place. When you listen to it, I suggest not trying to focus on one line or the other as the main melody; they're both an equal part of the melody. To get the intended effect, just sort of zone out and let the lines mesh together. If you listen to it this way and it still sounds bad, I'll just give up on it, because then the whole concept is flawed. I think I'll get rid of the bridge though because it doesn't really fit with the rest of the song because it's pentatonic based. Thanks for the feedback.