Yngwie uses new amps!!!

PDA

View Full Version : Yngwie uses new amps!!!

eXor
11-10-2006, 06:14 PM
That's right, he has stopped using the plexiheads that gave him that classic Yngwie sound and now uses Marshall DSL's (I'm not 100% sure tho :confused: )
I bet he sounds a lot better now ;) ,

pics from the recently started Asia Tour: 6 November 2006

http://www.yngwie.org/UTF-pix/Ng1.jpg
http://www.yngwie.org/UTF-pix/Ng2.jpg (Notice that the 3rd amp from the left is a TSL :liplick: )
http://www.yngwie.org/UTF-pix/Ng3.jpg
http://www.yngwie.org/UTF-pix/Ng6.jpg

Do you think he made right choice doing this???
Will it make him sound better or worse???

Discuss :peace:

walkinbazooka
11-10-2006, 06:16 PM
He already sounded like shit.

BreakingTheGirl
11-10-2006, 06:21 PM
i heard that, hes been using that for a while now.
i watched that concert like 6 months ago.
it sounded pretty ****ing sweet.

Embryodead
11-10-2006, 06:23 PM
I'd like to state that a lot of things like this is politics, i'm going to be he has a plexi head sitting behind those amps somewhere...also do you really think he uses 12 heads...

Tedward
11-10-2006, 06:23 PM
it look likes his pants need a changing more than his amps

BcRichOwner
11-10-2006, 06:34 PM
he looks like a cross between tom jones and terry wogan now lmao

Resiliance
11-10-2006, 06:54 PM
If he did... He'll definitely sound worse.

DSL amps suck ass.

But I'm pretty sure he's still, and always will be using his plexi's. Even though there might be different amps onstage.

garden of grey
11-10-2006, 07:27 PM
http://www.yngwie.org/UTF-pix/Ng2.jpg (Notice that the 3rd amp from the left is a TSL :liplick: )

Discuss :peace:

notice the three chins :)

anyways, those could just be dummies or stage amps so he doesnt have to worry about busting an expensive one

sheumack111
11-10-2006, 07:36 PM
If he did... He'll definitely sound worse.

DSL amps suck ass.

But I'm pretty sure he's still, and always will be using his plexi's. Even though there might be different amps onstage.

Exactly.... I very much doubt he would change to DSL's....... Just stage props........ I love his tone.......

hepzibahbaptist
11-10-2006, 10:55 PM
*cough*cardboard*cough*

mr_clapton
11-11-2006, 05:13 AM
damn alota people hating on yngwie i am seeing him live in 6 days!

xxdarrenxx
11-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Dude it's just advertising. and it works, cause now people thinks he plays that and if people think he plays that they buys that, it happens all the time with artist and brand of amps and guitars. I mean Vai uses his legacy amp, but i definately see and hear some marshall there sometimes(and then i don't mean his older stuff but recent shoots).

eXor
11-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Could you tell us if he really uses the DSL's or if you saw any plexi's???

:peace:

edit: you can still see a plexi on the far right of the last picture ;)

Stratwizard
11-11-2006, 02:48 PM

I'm seeing Yngwie 13th of December. :)

I seriously doubt he has started to use DSLs.

PooKoo
11-11-2006, 03:44 PM
my friend katie saw him last night, said it was amazing.

Completely off topic, but I'm seeing tom principato, carl filipiak, and rocky votolato in the next 2 months (tom principato tonight) whoo!

Midnight 260
11-12-2006, 01:11 AM
i saw him at teh beggining off summer, he was using the old stacks, he's awesome live and i hope you guys enjoy seeing him. totally amazing

Night_Lights
11-13-2006, 01:55 AM
He already sounded like shit.

no you sound like shit

xxdarrenxx
11-13-2006, 05:17 AM
lol

Well he hasn't the nicest sound in my opinion. It rocks, but you can't argue he needs humbuckers for that ****. I'm almost certain he has a strat just because Ritchie blackmore and hendrix played it, which is the obvious cause he also plays classical influenced which he in turn took from Blackmore as wel as the stage antics which blackmore also did. And the more equipment is comin' the more he tries to let his strat sound as a humbucker-equipped guitar.

1 humbucker wil solve his whole more marshall for thicker sound.
HE wil not need an extra gain plus the noise gates because of his thin sound.
and a humbucker wil pick up his lightning runs much better.

Stratwizard
11-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Well, his pickups are basically humbuckers in single coils.

Neon Knight
11-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Well, his pickups are basically humbuckers in single coils.

Not really, they are humbucking and quite bassy, but it still has a single coil sound.

Resiliance
11-13-2006, 12:28 PM
It's called a stacked humbucker, and they are essentially humbuckers in single coil format - though not exactly the same, there's no speaking of a lot of single coil characteristics.

eXor
11-13-2006, 02:18 PM
It's called a stacked humbucker, and they are essentially humbuckers in single coil format - though not exactly the same, there's no speaking of a lot of single coil characteristics.
that's right, stacked humbuckers give the output and sustain from a real humbucker, but with a single coil sound. :rolleyes:

edit: somebody actually filmed that show where he is using the DSL's ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47RagZcp_wI

they sound great to me

Resiliance
11-13-2006, 02:38 PM
that's right, stacked humbuckers give the output and sustain from a real humbucker, but with a single coil sound. :rolleyes:

I suggest you learn to read, and if you have in fact read correctly, you learn to word your thoughts efficiently, because I have no clue what you just ment by that.

sheumack111
11-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Ahh seeing him tomorrow night...... Cannot wait!!!!

Night_Lights
11-14-2006, 06:50 AM
lol

Well he hasn't the nicest sound in my opinion. It rocks, but you can't argue he needs humbuckers for that ****. I'm almost certain he has a strat just because Ritchie blackmore and hendrix played it, which is the obvious cause he also plays classical influenced which he in turn took from Blackmore as wel as the stage antics which blackmore also did. And the more equipment is comin' the more he tries to let his strat sound as a humbucker-equipped guitar.

1 humbucker wil solve his whole more marshall for thicker sound.
HE wil not need an extra gain plus the noise gates because of his thin sound.
and a humbucker wil pick up his lightning runs much better.

i love his tone. Its so warm and smooth, but not too smooth. its got bite. (this is his lead tone, im not too fond of the rhythm tone)

he has the dod booster to push those pups into almost humbucker like sound yet remaining a certain clarity that single coils have. i like it. *shrugs*

by the way, I dont want to sound rude, but your Cmaj7add9 thing below your name.... would properly be called Cmaj9 as you have the 7th so theres no need for the add....

xxdarrenxx
11-14-2006, 07:27 AM
I don't found his sound super warm or something especially when i saw him live. I would almost call it a disgrace to single coils. I just mean that he needs to put humbuckers in cause his tone ain't warm or something. It's piercing as hell and feedbacking as hell. I'm almost 100 % sure that it's a image thing, which isn''t really strange if you're talking about " The Fury". :p: Yeah and i know the arppeggio thingy is wrong but it's fun to see people debate about something I put in in like half a second lol.

Oh and single coils in his style won't add clarity. He's got like so much compressers and stuff that if air hits the note it still comes out as a machinegun.Almost every pedal in his rig is trying to make it sound like a humbucker, but if he chooses image above sound that's okay. And on some records i definately hear humbucker guitars on it.

AdamDK
11-14-2006, 04:38 PM
I like Yngwie's tone, his rhythm tone could be improved, but his lead tones are awesome. As for people saying he needs humbuckers, that's a load of nonsense. All you need is pickups which are humbuckers in the shaped of single-coils... They sound just like humbuckers but look like single-coils.

Resiliance
11-14-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't found his sound super warm or something especially when i saw him live. I would almost call it a disgrace to single coils. I just mean that he needs to put humbuckers in cause his tone ain't warm or something. It's piercing as hell and feedbacking as hell. I'm almost 100 % sure that it's a image thing, which isn''t really strange if you're talking about " The Fury". :p: Yeah and i know the arppeggio thingy is wrong but it's fun to see people debate about something I put in in like half a second lol.

Oh and single coils in his style won't add clarity. He's got like so much compressers and stuff that if air hits the note it still comes out as a machinegun.Almost every pedal in his rig is trying to make it sound like a humbucker, but if he chooses image above sound that's okay. And on some records i definately hear humbucker guitars on it.

Gah... They are essentially humbuckers, "real" 'buckers won't change a thing.

xxdarrenxx
11-15-2006, 05:42 AM
yeah probabaly it won't. I think i'm going to buy all kind of eq's and let my v sound as a strat. Maybe i get famous then too :p:

sheumack111
11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
SAW him last nite...... ****ing excellent, he definatly hasnt lost it....... The one thing he has lost is weight!!!

Anyway more to the point...

He had a wall of JCM 800's... Then i looked at the edge of the stage, next to where his rack of guitars was and there was a plexi switched on..... His tone didnt sound ay different too me...

nomadic_sinner
11-15-2006, 08:12 PM
SAW him last nite...... ****ing excellent, he definatly hasnt lost it....... The one thing he has lost is weight!!!

Anyway more to the point...

He had a wall of JCM 800's... Then i looked at the edge of the stage, next to where his rack of guitars was and there was a plexi switched on..... His tone didnt sound ay different too me...
dude if he was using JCM 800's that would be ****in awesome live tone. id kill for a JCM 800

mr_clapton
11-16-2006, 05:09 AM
I am seeing him tomorrow night can I ask a question for those who have seen him, because he is one of the heavier players, does he get a mosh going or is it the usual guitarist standing with his arms folded watching with a slack jaw? cheers

raysoh8
11-16-2006, 05:57 AM
I demand someone feel sorry for me, he came here on the 7th, but I was stuck at home in my books because I had my E maths O level paper the next day! Some friends went, and brought me a few pictures of the show. Somehow that did more harm than good.

sheumack111
11-16-2006, 06:05 AM
I am seeing him tomorrow night can I ask a question for those who have seen him, because he is one of the heavier players, does he get a mosh going or is it the usual guitarist standing with his arms folded watching with a slack jaw? cheers

It was both in the mosh.... where are you seeing him??? Like i was half moshing but also half jumping round...... Preety much all the songs that have Dougie singing there is a mosh...... My god the mosh when they played "Rainbow's" Gates of Babylon was good..... Also watch for the pick's lots of people jump at the same time at the same spot..... my mate got a few decent bruises...... **** it was a good concert though..... Best ill ever see

sheumack111
11-16-2006, 06:09 AM
I demand someone feel sorry for me, he came here on the 7th, but I was stuck at home in my books because I had my E maths O level paper the next day! Some friends went, and brought me a few pictures of the show. Somehow that did more harm than good.

I feel sorry for you in a way coz it was the best concert i will ever/have seen......... A part of me also says sucked in and thats what you get for doing that level of maths...... I guess i do feel sorry for you though..... Yngwie who??? Yngwie ****ing Malmsteen thats who...

xtopher_aaron
11-16-2006, 07:42 AM
what is with ppl flaming Yngwie? if you dont like it, just ignore it already. The mans a genius, its sad to see people flaming him, especially those who sit on their asses at home when hes makin millions playing shows. So give him a little respect, we all know what sort of hard work it takes to be a great musician, respect him for that atleast.

mr_clapton
11-17-2006, 06:47 PM
yngwie was.......awsome....

plus i caught 2 of his picks :peace:

Neon Knight
11-17-2006, 06:56 PM
I would love to see Yngwie preform live, a local band from down here (Trinidad) toured with him earlier this year and late last year. When I asked the lead axman/vocalist how it was, he couldnt stop talking about Yngwies stage presence and preformances.

Resiliance
11-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah, but I guess being a good performer AND shredding is showing off or being arrogant or something these days.

:rolleyes:

Baroque_and_Rol
11-21-2006, 06:06 PM
I saw him about a year ago and got my strat autographed. I can't wait till he comes back to dallas.

Dirk Gently
11-21-2006, 06:12 PM
I've had an HS-3 in my Strats for about...6-7 years. I never found them to be really "single coil-ish" other than having reduced output v. a full-sized bucker. The HS-3 has a lot of the brightness taken right out of it. Very mid and bass strong.

xxdarrenxx
11-22-2006, 04:18 AM
I think he just uses his plexi's but the last time I saw him was a Year ago.

Stratwizard
11-22-2006, 08:52 AM
I've had an HS-3 in my Strats for about...6-7 years. I never found them to be really "single coil-ish" other than having reduced output v. a full-sized bucker. The HS-3 has a lot of the brightness taken right out of it. Very mid and bass strong.

I agree. I have HS-3s and YJM on my Strat. None of them really sound like a single coil.