Metal Song (Work In Progress, .PTB)

PDA

View Full Version : Metal Song (Work In Progress, .PTB)

Hallows_Eve
11-11-2006, 05:45 PM
So far I've written a small intro solo and several riffs.. Influence for the song taken from Mercyful Fate and Yngwie Malmsteen. Still pretty rough, so don't be to harsh when rating it, etc.. This is my first song, too, btw..

Turn off the metronome b4 listening to it or else it sounds really ****ed up..

Feedback?

EDIT: Finished it finally :cool: A 3 minute technical. thrash instrumental influenced by Symphony X, Yngwie Malmsteen, Mercyful Fate and Annihilator.

Hallows_Eve
11-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Here's a midi file of it, too

Nunwhxre 666
11-11-2006, 11:08 PM
It was fairly decent. Especially being your first song. The only thing is, scrap the intro sweeps. They don't go with the rest of the peice. Other than that, it isn't bad.

Spark1284
11-11-2006, 11:55 PM
great riffing, not really in a song format, and i can tell ur new to powertabs. i liked it, especially the sweeps, i think with some bass under it it'll sound more in place. great job

Hallows_Eve
11-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanx for the crit.. Good to see it didn't suck :cool: I'll try to replace the intro sweeps with sweeps that fit the song better.

Burning_Angel
11-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Definitly replace the sweeps with ones that sound better... Possibly darker maybe? Somewhat like the rest of it? It was quite good though.

fav13andac1)c
11-15-2006, 08:44 PM
really good just press

Shift B to get bar lines in there...

yeah intro sweeps dont go with song...

crit mine please

www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465673 (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465673)

last post is the finished version

Hallows_Eve
11-19-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm not that good with song formats, which riff should I assign as chorus, verse, etc?

I was thinking the:

----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
-9-------------------
-7---------------10-
-0--7-8-7-5-7--8-...etc

..Part for the chorus of the song. And should I add in some filler-ish riffs that'd be more vocal-based into the song?

I'll go written any crit of gotten now, too :)

Spark1284
11-19-2006, 03:10 PM
yeah thatd be e a good riff to use, and bar 9 would be an excellent breakdown and at bar 12 all that would be an excellent interlude. some verse riffs in b/w all that, i think the intro riff is good just as an intro and its an awesome song. the verse chorus verse song format gets boring tho, so anythign u can throw in that still sounds liek it fits and doesnt hurt the music... go for it

Hallows_Eve
11-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Changed the intro sweeps to a bass intro.. Added bass to the first half, still not done, tho. Added an accoustic interlude-ish part and a start to the guitar solo.. Forgot to write out the song format, tho, I'll do that next update. I really like the start of the guitar solo so far :cool:

Chubz
11-21-2006, 03:41 PM
I liked the ending. The rest of it didnt have enough rhythmic contrast except for that breakdown type part, that was good. But the verse thing after intro got kind of boring

Hallows_Eve
11-22-2006, 12:44 AM
Finished the solo, added a few new riffs, too (Like the one after the guitar solo).. I'm pretty proud of this song, especially the guitar solo, even though it's short, it still sounds killer IMO.

@ Chubz: Yeah, some of the riffs get kinda repetitive.. I'll fix that once I've got the entire song done.

Btw, please give some 1-10/10 ratings for what I have so far.

Hallows_Eve
11-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Finished version.. There are now two guitar solos, too. Only 3 minutes long.. My band is going to be making a demo soon, of covers except for one song (this one), which'll be the last instrumental outro song. Crit 4 crit plx (please give some 1-10/10 ratings, too).

beadhangingOne
11-23-2006, 12:34 AM
this is exactly how u described it haha, i definitely see some symphony x and some yngwie going on there

the tapping at the end is insane man, can't wait to hear that on an actual guitar + with drums in the background

i think the last four notes on the very first riff should end as 7th fret on low E for some reason, but it sounds sick either way

9/10

gj!

Stolenidentity1
11-23-2006, 11:49 AM
the 29 bar so sounded like something for dethklok!!!omgz

Spark1284
11-23-2006, 05:22 PM
the bass in bar is a goddamn disaster. id try not to get too fancy over a riff that tricky, the rest is killer, awesome solos... i can def hear the yngwie hahah i liked it keep it up

rodrigomierh
12-03-2006, 07:59 PM
not my style but i liked the solos, overall is great, if there was a complete bassline it would be even better. what i didnt like was the intro, it doesnt goes with the song IMO.

Hallows_Eve
12-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Improved version. How does the fixed intro riff sound?

Nunwhxre 666
12-04-2006, 07:42 PM
I actually thought it was really good. The intro was killer. I definitely see alot of Symphony X influence in the intro. The bass throughout the peice was great. The solos were awesome. I especially liked that dueling guitar solo. Good stuff there. Only problem I had with this, is I didn't care too much for that acoustic interlude thing. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it fit with the song. But, other than that, some great stuff you got here.

If you get a chance, could you crit mine? If you haven't already critted them all. Lol.

Hallows_Eve
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I actually thought it was really good. The intro was killer. I definitely see alot of Symphony X influence in the intro. The bass throughout the peice was great. The solos were awesome. I especially liked that dueling guitar solo. Good stuff there. Only problem I had with this, is I didn't care too much for that acoustic interlude thing. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it fit with the song. But, other than that, some great stuff you got here.

If you get a chance, could you crit mine? If you haven't already critted them all. Lol.

Aye, The accoustic interlude was kinda filler, next update when I add in bass, I'll rewrite the acoustic part.

And I forgot to crit the punk one, I think :p

Nunwhxre 666
12-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah, that was the only think killing it.

And you'd probably be better off avoiding my punk song. It's an old peice, and it blows compared to my other stuff. Haha.

archaeon
12-05-2006, 04:55 PM
shmeer you know i'm gonna have to play drums for you know right?

see you tomorrow

gutsman
12-08-2006, 11:53 AM
the main melody sounds a bit bland to me i guess

and the bass doesn't really match the rest of the piece 100%

but still good!!