how do you get avenged sevenfold sound/tone?

PDA

View Full Version : how do you get avenged sevenfold sound/tone?

dudey5691
11-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Ok, i've been trying to get it right..but i can't

The tone/sound i'm talking about is when Syn and Zacky are soloing on "bat country" and it's that unique sound that to me, sounds like a wierd bend...but i have no idea

if anybody knows how to achieve this, is would be awesome...

kirbyrocknroll
11-12-2006, 12:10 AM
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294480

Try there :)

SG6578
11-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Boss Metal Distortion ( ALL YOU NEED!)

dudey5691
11-12-2006, 12:17 AM
i don't have one...so any suggestions are getting it with a DS-2?

VR2005
11-12-2006, 12:26 AM
just poop on your pickups then you'll get that ****ty tone you're looking for.

dudey5691
11-12-2006, 12:38 AM
anybody know if i can achieve the A7X solo tone with a DS-2, and if so how?

jazzman07
11-12-2006, 01:01 AM
take your amp...and shove it up barry whites a$$, and there you go....Zack Synysters sound...

The way to hate
11-12-2006, 02:01 AM
It's funny how critical people here are.

Archeo Avis
11-12-2006, 02:58 AM
anybody know if i can achieve the A7X solo tone with a DS-2, and if so how?

If you could get their tone with a $50 pedal, they wouldn't be using $3000 amps.
Directions:

Step 1 - Buy a Bogner Uberschall
Step 2 - Don't even try to use it to it's full potential, just scoop the mids and make it sound like crap.

Neon Knight
11-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Boss Metal Distortion ( ALL YOU NEED!)

:haha :haha :haha

jamesk69
11-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Take your amp and drag it behind your car for a while, and then your good to go...

TeenBite
11-12-2006, 05:52 PM
"Syn". You're on nickname terms. Ny'awwwwwww.

The A7X tone isn't a one you want. Get your own tone.

walkinbazooka
11-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Weird bend you say?
Sounds like you may be refering to an artificial harmonic.

Avenged Sevenfold, ugh...

modestmouse9191
11-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Turn off amp :eek:

AvengedZeppelin
11-12-2006, 06:42 PM
I guess I'm the only one taking the question seriously, but for the harmonies, they use a Digitech Whammy pedal. I have a complete list of what everyone in the band uses, so PM me if you want it.

Neon Knight
11-12-2006, 07:02 PM
why is everyone being such assholes? It sounds like hes refering to a technique not a tone, I really cant be arsed to listen to the song at this moment, prehaps tomorrow.

silentdud
11-13-2006, 11:21 AM
It's because a good amount of the people on this website really couldn't do anything nearly to par with the music that Avenged Sevenfold puts out. I might not like them but they are famous and there is a reason why. I have found that allot of people on this website don't know as much about guitar as they try to come off as knowing which is why I stopped posting awhile back. On the other hand there still are a few people who do, so don't take offense.

AvengedZeppelin
11-13-2006, 02:27 PM
I listened to Bat Country a couple times, and if you mean the last note before the dual-part harmony, that sound is a harmonic. The part at the very beginning of the solo is a bend back and forth fairly quickly. If you could say the exact time in the song where the "wierd bend" happens, I could tell you.

Archeo Avis
11-13-2006, 03:35 PM
It's because a good amount of the people on this website really couldn't do anything nearly to par with the music that Avenged Sevenfold puts out. I might not like them but they are famous and there is a reason why. I have found that allot of people on this website don't know as much about guitar as they try to come off as knowing which is why I stopped posting awhile back. On the other hand there still are a few people who do, so don't take offense.

I'm pretty confident that most of us could put out music at least on par with them.

Neon Knight
11-13-2006, 04:23 PM
they are famous and there is a reason why.

Your correct, the reason that they are popular is that they have commerical appeal, record companys and most fans dont care about musicianship.

modestmouse9191
11-13-2006, 06:55 PM

no....It's the exact opposite. Their guitarrists are crap, and if you think they are some of the best guitarists ever, you should shoot yourself.

chilibassist
11-13-2006, 07:06 PM
(Must resist smartass comment...) Uh, I don't know. Try different pedals and maybe raise the mid and shiznit. Try pissing on your pickups too.

slashtobe
11-13-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty confident that most of us could put out music at least on par with them.

erm... no i don't think that's true. I don't think many people on here could actually put out music in general, judging on the quality of people's intellect on this website.

To the thread starter, is it the tapped bends he does? They confused me as to how he made that sound until I read about it....

Another reason why A7X aren't that bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan boy and they are not my fav band, but I don't understand a bunch of guitarists who criticise them so harshly. Are you all just jealous or something? Jealous they are getting attention and your not? They taught me some stuff about guitar techniques, and to all the A7X bashers out there, get off the ****ing bandwagon. They're the only band out in the public eye who actually try to play the guitar these days. Why bash them when there are bands like fall out boy, panic at the disco, the killers etc polluting music with their talentless drivvle?

AvengedZeppelin
11-13-2006, 07:48 PM
/\ i agree, and their guitarists are way better than SOAD, and Gates is more creative and better than Slash (IMO), so why does everyone hate A7X? Its probably because they're jealous of how good they are compared to bands like Green Day. Fall out Boy and Panic at the Disco aren't in A7x's league: they're playing a whole different sport.

modestmouse9191
11-13-2006, 10:00 PM
/\ i agree, and their guitarists are way better than SOAD, and Gates is more creative and better than Slash (IMO), so why does everyone hate A7X? Its probably because they're jealous of how good they are compared to bands like Green Day. Fall out Boy and Panic at the Disco aren't in A7x's league: they're playing a whole different sport.

That's kinda funny, because most people that hate A7X also hate all those other bands you listed

silentdud
11-14-2006, 10:41 AM
no....It's the exact opposite. Their guitarrists are crap, and if you think they are some of the best guitarists ever, you should shoot yourself.

I never said they were any good.

AvrilFanUK
11-14-2006, 08:16 PM
just poop on your pickups then you'll get that ****ty tone you're looking for.

LOL

TooLateForRoses
11-14-2006, 08:43 PM
They're the only band out in the public eye who actually try to play the guitar these days.

********MINDLESS BS ALERT********

Now I'm not bashing A7X, because I think their guitarists are pretty good. But that's complete crap. There are plenty of popular bands who actually try to play their guitars these days. (Megadeth, DragonForce, Trivium, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, etc...) I know that none of those guitarists are "amazing" to everyone, but they're at least on par with the whatserface from A7X.

The way to hate
11-14-2006, 09:35 PM

Yah, exactly. Oh wait, they are famous so that means their mainstream and are uber suxor on teh guitar.

Again, I don't understand why everyone here is so rude when people like something that they don't.

Oh, and the fact that anyone bashes on other gutarists that they've never met is lame. I bet the kid who said Daron Malakian sucks is better than Daron at guitar... oh wait, no he isn't. Just another bedroom rock star.

ArchisT2
11-14-2006, 11:38 PM

i was agreeing with u until u said that, now u can suck a fat one. Slash is way better then Gates will ever be, and Gates will probly tell u that himself

jld8111
06-23-2009, 06:35 PM
My response to most of these people hating on A7X is that I would like to hear them play any of A7X's more difficult songs, then you can say that they "suck". And as for people saying that they "hate A7X" well im pretty sure you shouldnt be on this thread since it says "how do i get the A7X sound/tone?"

blueriver
06-23-2009, 06:46 PM

Now I'm not bashing A7X, because I think their guitarists are pretty good. But that's complete crap. There are plenty of popular bands who actually try to play their guitars these days. (Megadeth, DragonForce, Trivium, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, etc...) I know that none of those guitarists are "amazing" to everyone, but they're at least on par with the whatserface from A7X.

Edit: I cant believe I didnt read any of the dates.

Archeo Avis
06-23-2009, 07:02 PM
My response to most of these people hating on A7X is that I would like to hear them play any of A7X's more difficult songs, then you can say that they "suck". And as for people saying that they "hate A7X" well im pretty sure you shouldnt be on this thread since it says "how do i get the A7X sound/tone?"

Reported for being moron and reviving a thread despite not having anything useful to say.

Crazed Shredder
06-23-2009, 07:06 PM
If you want to sound like Synster get a thin bright sound, then sweep pick till ya cant sweep pick no more. (no seriously)

GuitarMunky
06-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Reported for being moron and reviving a thread despite not having anything useful to say.

reporting yourself??

I see nothing useful here, just a smartass remark intended to insult fans of A7X

If you could get their tone with a $50 pedal, they wouldn't be using $3000 amps.
Directions:

Step 1 - Buy a Bogner Uberschall
Step 2 - Don't even try to use it to it's full potential, just scoop the mids and make it sound like crap.

Archeo Avis
06-23-2009, 07:12 PM
reporting yourself??

You a terrible habit of being too ****ing stupid to read posts that you respond to. Show me where I revived a three year old thread for no reason.

GuitarMunky
06-23-2009, 07:15 PM
You a terrible habit of being too ****ing stupid to read posts that you respond to. Show me where I revived a three year old thread for no reason.

You haven't said anything useful...... that's the point.

* reported for personal attack (calling me ****ing stupid) & for posting in a thread for no other reason that to belittle those that would actually be interested in the subject.

Crazed Shredder
06-23-2009, 07:19 PM
reporting yourself??

I see nothing useful here, just a smartass remark intended to insult fans of A7X

Hey i am sorry I actually kind of like him he's an awesome shredder. I don't even know why I said that.

EDIT Hah! I thought that was about me

GuitarMunky
06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey i am sorry I actually kind of like him he's an awesome shredder. I don't even know why I said that.

EDIT Hah! I thought that was about me

:haha:

At least your mature enough to apologize. I can respect that.

GuitarMunky
06-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Ok, i've been trying to get it right..but i can't

The tone/sound i'm talking about is when Syn and Zacky are soloing on "bat country" and it's that unique sound that to me, sounds like a wierd bend...but i have no idea

if anybody knows how to achieve this, is would be awesome...

Are you talking about those bends where the solo starts? (like at 2:18ish)

If so...... Unison Bends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaE-sQZSP5Y&feature=channel_page) .

Nilpferdkoenig
06-23-2009, 08:56 PM

No, it's because they hate their image, personalities and music.

A7X doesn't have special tone, just fiddle with the mids I guess.

CbsGuitarist
07-27-2009, 09:19 AM
I dunno if this makes much sense but I feel that as time is progressing their skills and style is getting better.I mean they arnt making cofusing weirdly structured solos.Their musical structure is getting better.There are no bizzarre **** going on in there.

Archeo Avis
07-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I dunno if this makes much sense but I feel that as time is progressing their skills and style is getting better.I mean they arnt making cofusing weirdly structured solos.Their musical structure is getting better.There are no bizzarre **** going on in there.

Why the **** would you revive this thread? How do you not realize how old it is?

IbanezSA160a
12-29-2009, 08:18 PM
To get an Avenged Sevenfold tone you have your drummer die.

OH SHIT.

PattyCakes
12-29-2009, 08:54 PM

I wouldn't consider any of those bands you just listed as "in the public eye" they are gaining popularity and megadeth is definitely popular as hell. But check it out A7X actually gets radio play. None of those other bands really do, maybe one some late night metal show on a local radio station or on satellite radio, but come on the majority of decent metal is segregated from the mass public, they only hear what the executives want them to hear. None of those bands you just mentioned get regular radio play. Maybe in the city they come from but that would be about it for real. I don't hear the new Megadeth single everyday when I am driving in the car, nor do I ever hear a Children of Bodom song. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHRETARDDDED

geekgangstaguy
12-29-2009, 09:33 PM
no...

geekgangstaguy
12-29-2009, 09:35 PM

OH SHIT.

I would say stfu but I laughed so I won't. :haha:

Freepower
12-30-2009, 08:41 AM

OH SHIT.

Not really cool bro. :no: