Al Di Meola - Consequence of Chaos

PDA

View Full Version : Al Di Meola - Consequence of Chaos

xxdarrenxx
11-12-2006, 05:47 AM
I picked up an album today by Al di meola; Consequence of chaos.

It's his latest album, and quite nice modern sounding. it's a mixture of: electric, acoustic, new age and electronic music, with an nice production behind it. Quite nice if your open minded enough to listen to this kind of fusion.

Resiliance
11-12-2006, 07:16 AM
I have it around here somewhere... Not listened to it yet.

Hope it's nothing like Cosmopolitan Life though.

xxdarrenxx
11-12-2006, 07:35 AM
don;t know that album. But the closest that comes in mind is World Sinfonia. But less latin influence and more modern(drum n bass beats and weird sound fx. But The production is astonishing, it's like it's really surrounding you.

It's just a Fusion of modern sound meets guitar but not overdone and more in a more natural surrounding as opposed to for instance Vai work. still the occasional al licks in there so i think you will like it.

EDIT: I just heard cosmopolitan life haha no it's nothing like that it's much and much more deeper, it really digs. It sounds most like World Sinfonia.

Stratwizard
11-12-2006, 08:17 AM
That sounds pretty awesome... I need to get it.

Prophet of Page
11-12-2006, 09:27 AM
I don't think I'll ever buy another Al Di Meola album. He's been thoroughly dissappointing lately.

mrmo
11-12-2006, 10:38 AM
I have the Friday Night in San Francisco with Al Di Meola, Paco De Lucia and John McLaughlin. That is a pretty amazing album.

Axegrinder#9
11-12-2006, 08:44 PM
holy ****, how did this get by me? I must be slipping in my old age. definitely have to check it out.

kshelt76
11-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm going to use this thread to ask a question.

What Di Meola album(s) should I get to try out his sound and style and see if I like it?

Thanks.

Beckerism
11-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Elegant Gypsy and Acoustic Anthology. :p: I'm not really into his jazz/synth stuff.

xxdarrenxx
11-13-2006, 05:03 AM
I like his modern sounds, i think it grows, cause i didn't like it either but it grown on me and now it sounds cool :) i could post a song somewhere so you'd get the idea, but someone needs to tell me how to do so.

oh yeah he plays alot of electric on this one but also old skool acoustic :cool:

Stratwizard
11-13-2006, 10:38 AM
What Di Meola album(s) should I get to try out his sound and style and see if I like it?

Elegant Gypsy, The Infinite Desire and Grande Passion.

ChurchNSkate
11-21-2006, 02:59 PM
I love his synth/jazz stuff. Just so lost as it's more jazz than synth.

Kiss My Axe, Elegant Gypsy, Flesh on Flesh.

rofl2k2
02-19-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't think I'll ever buy another Al Di Meola album. He's been thoroughly dissappointing lately.

D:

Get CoC. Its great.

flyingVai
02-20-2007, 12:10 AM
I almost picked it up a couple weeks ago. How good is it compared to some of his other works? Is it really worth checking out?

rofl2k2
02-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Its definitely worth checking out. If you are a fan of Al, theres no way you can't like it, seriously.

Stratwizard
02-21-2007, 04:55 AM
I don't like the album. It's pretty much the same stuff he has already recorded once but with different names. If you want to hear his newer stuff, get Infinite Desire instead.