WOW! Uh Thanks...

PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Uh Thanks...

Guitar Morgue
11-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I wasn't trying to "self promote". I believe I am in the new members section and that is where you are supposed to introduce yourself right? I read your rules before I posted and I wasn't advertising anything. Didn't mean to offend or break any rules by giving some background info on myself as one usually does in a new member section.

Thanks for such a warm welcome :rolleyes: . I think I'll go elsewhere though. Lots of other forums welcome people who have as much knowledge of instruments as we do, especially considering we have access to all kinds and models and not just ones we own or wish we owned.

Sorry to have wasted time.

SG thrasher
11-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Bye.

jamrockradio
11-14-2006, 04:14 PM
dude don't listen to those assholes. some people on here are very helpful. i'd stay if i were you it's really great.

hamett91
11-14-2006, 04:15 PM
That guy was just being an ass.

Don't go! :(

AdamDK
11-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Don't leave, UG is a cool place. Yes, there can be some pricks around here, but 99% of Ug are nice, kind, friendly people.

divid3d
11-14-2006, 04:17 PM
you're quite welcome at UG, don't overreact. your post was in the correct forum, however we have a thread stickied at the top called "First Post? Just Want To Say Hi? Do It Here :D" where you should have made your post. it's not a big deal, so i just closed your thread, you haven't been given a warning or anything like that.

you didn't break a rule, i was just pointing out the section of the UG forums where your advice will be most useful, the Instruments section... sorry for trying to help :confused:

unluCKY...

metal4eva_22
11-14-2006, 04:24 PM
dont go :sad:
not all of us are assholes, in fact there are only a few, and most of us are quite friendly people :D

plus, this is the best forum :livid:

Pan-Tallica
11-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Don't take it personally, man. Just looking down the first page of this forum, I can see many examples of threads that were closed and people who were told to post in the Welcome thread...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465868

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466024

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465385

We're not trying to be mean... This forum is just reserved fro questions about the site. Like I said, don't take it personally, and don't leave. :D

Guitar Morgue
11-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Okay sorry if I over reacted. I have had a heck of a morning. Not an excuse for being crabby though.

I thought I did post in the right place? :confused: It can get confusing sometimes because every forum is different.

Anyway, I do look forward to being a part of this community and helping when I can. I'll be sure to remember that jerks can be found everywhere. ;)

FrenchyFungus
11-14-2006, 05:29 PM
you're quite welcome at UG, don't overreact. your post was in the correct forum, however we have a thread stickied at the top called "First Post? Just Want To Say Hi? Do It Here :D" where you should have made your post. it's not a big deal, so i just closed your thread, you haven't been given a warning or anything like that.

you didn't break a rule, i was just pointing out the section of the UG forums where your advice will be most useful, the Instruments section... sorry for trying to help :confused:

unluCKY...
I think he was referring more to the other guy who posted in his thread.

Welcome Guitar Morgue :D

hamett91
11-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Okay sorry if I over reacted. I have had a heck of a morning. Not an excuse for being crabby though.

I thought I did post in the right place? :confused: It can get confusing sometimes because every forum is different.

Anyway, I do look forward to being a part of this community and helping when I can. I'll be sure to remember that jerks can be found everywhere. ;)You posted in the right forum, just the wrong thread. No big deal though. :peace:

<><
11-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks for such a warm welcome :rolleyes: . I think I'll go elsewhere though. Lots of other forums welcome people who have as much knowledge of instruments as we do, especially considering we have access to all kinds and models and not just ones we own or wish we owned.I bet you're the sort of person who treats cashiers like shit. :rolleyes:

Grow up. Believe it or not, the entire world does NOT revolve around you. And to be honest, I couldn't give a crap about whether you leave or stay. If you're already showing such a self-centered orientation on your FIRST DAY here, you should be warned that you're not going to get very far.

Necrolust
11-14-2006, 05:49 PM
I bet you're the sort of person who treats cashiers like shit. :rolleyes:

Grow up. Believe it or not, the entire world does NOT revolve around you. And to be honest, I couldn't give a crap about whether you leave or stay. If you're already showing such a self-centered orientation on your FIRST DAY here, you should be warned that you're not going to get very far.

Wow, you are the same asshole in every forum, arent you ?
No offence , I'm kidding.

Welcome Guitar Morgue. For every forum there are specific rules, you must read them in order to get along with members and the C.E.O's of the site.

GuitarManiac09
11-14-2006, 05:50 PM
I bet you're the sort of person who treats cashiers like shit. :rolleyes:

*REPORTED*

<><
11-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Wow, you are the same asshole in every forum, arent you ?
No offence , I'm kidding. :haha

*awaits his warning*

divid3d
11-14-2006, 05:53 PM
jesus christ :rolleyes:

unluCKY...