An Adventurer's Story (ptab)

PDA

View Full Version : An Adventurer's Story (ptab)

piquet
11-17-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't have much to say about it. I've had it for a while; but ... never really knew how to expand on it.

Nunwhxre 666
11-17-2006, 12:37 PM
It was pretty good. It got repetitive, but then the drums and strings came in and made it a little better. It was way too short though. But, other than that it was a decent peice.

Crit mine if you get a chance? Links in sig.

Redberry
11-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Liked it. Make the chord changes happen a little quicker maybe to keep it interesting. Keep building on it and i expect it will become a beautiful piece.

Spark1284
11-17-2006, 02:29 PM
i honestly didnt like it, the chords were nice, but the rhythm was boring, and the second piano didnt feel right, the drums too seems awkward. it could be a really really cool song but i dont think u tried all that hard

rodrigomierh
11-18-2006, 03:54 PM
its cool, but i agree about the chords some are out of time, good work.

piquet
11-19-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm afraid I don't really understand. Each chord is played in the length of one and a half whole notes (three halves in one) - should I shorten them to two halves, to make each section one whole note?

The reason I wanted them longer was because I've been studying Progressive Rock theory - and want to experiment with odd time signatures. I guess this doesn't quite fly, then! ;)

Spark 1284 - The second piano - could you elaborate on this? I've coupled a simple arpeggio with this finger style before in a dual-guitar thing, and it never did present any problems for me. Perhaps it's just a matter of taste? Also, I agree the drums were pretty bad. This is the first time I've tried using them, and I am NOT a drummer! :D

aprescott_27
11-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Don't tell me that's it. I loved it. Really cool. From there, I guess I see that going into a heavy 4/4 beat (even though you can't make it very heavy with PowerTab drums) for a few bars with the distorted guitar and synth (a la "Living Dead Beat" by Children of Bodom), and then back to a piano idea. I don't know how I would work that, though.

Bottom line: don't quit here. I think you've got something, and I'd love to see how this one turns out. I'd like you to crit my newest one, but give me a minute to work it into my sig.

DarkSonata
11-19-2006, 10:32 PM
defintely sounds to me like you should come in with something fast and heavy...maybe something blood Raining Blood-ish, but definitely fast and heavy.