One thing that really annoys me about this site!

PDA

View Full Version : One thing that really annoys me about this site!

Silbur
11-19-2006, 07:28 AM
you spend absolutely ages learning to play guitar (an entire lifetime as no one will ever be able to say, I know everything there is to know about playing guitar), if your fortunate enough to come from, perhaps not wealthy then at least a financially comfortable family or background, as lessons can be expensive, then you'll be able to afford someone to teach you properly. I wasn't one of those, I taught myself the basics at least, being fortunate enough to have at least a modicum of musical talent.

Whatever I picked up about playing was by me just listening to music, listening to other more proficient guitar players and applying it to my playing, I found this easier and cheaper as I could not afford to have someone teach me even just how to read music, which still to this day I am still completely score illiterate. I have a gift of being able to pick up most songs by ear and I thank, maybe not god as I'm not a believer, but certainly the powers that decide who can and cannot play this wonderful instrument, that I was blessed with this ability.

So, when I tab some song that I spent time over learning, for the benefit of not just myself, but for other users on this site, I do not appreciate being told that "I stole it straght from the TAB guide, score, table whatever you call it.

I have been playing this instrument, among other self taught instruments for nearly 20 years. You don't play for that long and remain unable to retain a bit of knowledge, especially knowledge that you've either taught or discovered yourself.

So, in closing, although there may be people out there who do use this method of using TABs from TAB books, and why not, the musicians have got to make their money somehow, why not sell their work in mass published works for the average Joe Bloggs, I do not appreciate being referred to as a plagiarist, which is essntially what I have been called if someone tells me I've copied it straight from a TAB book.

*And breathe* there we are rant over :p:

f1f2
11-19-2006, 07:36 AM
:confused:

sam b
11-19-2006, 07:42 AM
im not reading all that!

fwibble
11-19-2006, 07:49 AM
Paragraphs dude. Good grammar doesn't cost much.

the_crimison
11-19-2006, 07:50 AM
basically hes saying that he doesnt want people to say hes stolen tabs from tab books when hes transcribed them by ear.

soccermom
11-19-2006, 07:53 AM
basically hes saying that he doesnt want people to say hes stolen tabs from tab books when hes transcribed them by ear.
You could have got that from the last line without the pre-relevance whining

Silbur
11-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Paragraphs dude. Good grammar doesn't cost much.

any better?

JustinYap
11-19-2006, 07:56 AM
I guess you got your point out there... You probably feel a little better

Silbur
11-19-2006, 08:06 AM
I guess you got your point out there... You probably feel a little better

I do, Much :D thanks

IndieMetalhead
11-19-2006, 11:44 AM
**** happens. you can't stop the dimwits from stating infactual points.

paintITblack39
11-19-2006, 11:58 AM
**** happens. you can't stop the dimwits from stating infactual points.
:cheers:

FrenchyFungus
11-19-2006, 12:04 PM
*Problem solved*

Yakult
11-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Threadstarter, you seriously need to grow a pair. You should be pleased that people think your tabs are good enough to have been taken from a book! :rolleyes: