Instrumental post-rock-esque piece [GP4, GP5, Midi]

PDA

View Full Version : Instrumental post-rock-esque piece [GP4, GP5, Midi]

gregorisgod
11-20-2006, 10:26 PM
I believe the title sums it up. One of the first pieces I composed.

Untitled instrumental piece, about 6 minutes long, think Mogwai etc with soft/hard mix and focus on repetition and atmosphere

bass needs a bit of work, but I'm not a bassist and there's been no input from my bassist yet.

No drums (barre the intro) because I find the drums on GP5 annoying to use.

Crit for Crit and all that jazz.

Cheers lads.

§tratocaster
11-20-2006, 11:22 PM
i liked it. especially the ending (measure 64 - end), that was very well written. and i agree that drums in guitar pro are pretty bogus, but maybe just make a simple measure and copy paste into the other measures? there are parts where i thought drums would fit very well.

if you want you can crit mine (the link is secretly hidden at the very bottom of my sig.)

gregorisgod
11-20-2006, 11:25 PM
i liked it. especially the ending (measure 64 - end), that was very well written. and i agree that drums in guitar pro are pretty bogus, but maybe just make a simple measure and copy paste into the other measures? there are parts where i thought drums would fit very well.

if you want you can crit mine (the link is secretly hidden at the very bottom of my sig.)

:) Cheers. :cheers:

It's probably the piece I'm most proud of, I've got other stuff too try out here too.

I'll have a look at yours, if I don't crit it tonight I will do tomorrow - it's half 3 in the morning here and I'm half dead.

I'll try to crit tonight.