Old school metal?

PDA

View Full Version : Old school metal?

behemoth111
11-21-2006, 01:32 AM
Hey guys, been playing guitar for about 1.5 years now and have never really been into learning theory until last few weeks or so, so basically i set about trying to create something in the penatonic minor scale in the key of g, my guitar is tuned in d when playing,
so far it only contains the intro and the start of the first verse.

Even though ive only listened to one or 2 songs of iron maiden, i have a feeling this may be somewhat similair?

thanks for listening i will crit back.

oh and if your interested i recorded the first riff yesterday before i had done the other bits of the song, and u can hear it at http://deathgore.dmusic.com

Pure_Morning
11-21-2006, 12:48 PM
I liked the "Spin Me Like A Record" ending...

Seems alright, just needs work.

piquet
11-21-2006, 03:25 PM
I was going to say this was REPETITIVE! ...But then I noticed that my player was on repeat. :D

I expect more to come from this! A solo, a bridge, a chorus, etc. It's good; but just a teaser!

behemoth111
11-21-2006, 07:48 PM
HA! it does, the ending does sound like you spin me right round...... im really up in the air weather thats a good thing or not.

I like the first part of the intro, but im not sure weather it fits in with the mood of the song, its a little too happy. but ill get a few more riffs done and post up song, thanks for listening.