"Contests Forum" Recommendations Thread

PDA

View Full Version : "Contests Forum" Recommendations Thread

The Hurt Within
11-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Ok we all know that this place declined so much in the past year, and it is starting to get back on its feet, with a few more comps it could start to ascend to the heights it was at.

This thread is so we can have a few ideas thrown in as to how we can help pick this place up. Comp ideas still go in its regular place. Post here if you have any suggestions for anything else. I'm not expecting much here though, lol.

First on the agenda was the idea of having a seasonal competition and regular "holiday" themed comps. e.g. Halloween/Xmas/New Years. I dont think any discussion should be needed. It would always mean (within reason) we have a major comp going.

I have included a list of "holidays" to the Comp Ideas thread, so be sure to get a comp sign-up thread posted in time for the polls to go over the holiday. Theres quite alot.

Also Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Dæmönika
11-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Is there anywhere where there is a list of competitions that have taken place the last year with a list of point-scorers? 'Twould be grand if we could see what's been done and who won what.

The Hurt Within
11-23-2006, 08:51 AM
There isn't no, and the Contest forum is pruned quite frequently so theres not alot of history left here. As I thought, the last comp is Jammy's 4 Line comp. So theres little point. It will be done from now on though.

Jammydude44
11-23-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm on it ^

Be nice to have a record of comp winners etc. Good hall of fame type thing.

I also want to get the points up on the front page of season 2 aswell.

I'm thinking.

Jamie

EDIT: okay so I was thinking, if we incorporated the poll information sticky into the thread with the 1vs1 rules & points it would save us space at the top, allowing space for a new thread- comp results, hall of fame type thing.

Inside it would go lists of comp winners and WoTM, plus the league rankings table. What I'm suggesting is having a rules and FAQ thread where the 1vs1 rules would go and a seperate htread fot the points.

And also to add that new contests FAQ to the S&L FAQ in the announcements part of the forum.

If I get a yes I'll happily work on a new points/hall of fame thread and a new FAQ page- obviously not adding my own rules (for anyone thinking I'm gaining power :D )

I just love the onctests forum and think with a bit more organisation here we can really get this going.

Let me know your thoughts.

#1 synth
11-23-2006, 02:28 PM
^you selfish shellfish sonovabitch...

I say go ahead and do it :D

The Hurt Within
11-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah I like the ideas, feel free to PM me with sticky/edit requests at your leisure.

Jammydude44
11-28-2006, 04:13 AM
I have a new points thread... want me to post it up to be stickied THW?

Jamie

The Hurt Within
11-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Yes sure. I'll rename the other thread for now too.

Jammydude44
11-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Points thread is up, you have an email containing the other stuff and your PM inbox is full :D

Jamie

The Hurt Within
11-28-2006, 04:37 PM
^ sorry, its empty now.

As a group we need to decide at what amount (of points) the grand championship is triggered. It was set at 25pts. Is that about right, thoughts?