[ptb] Metal song ("Risen")

PDA

View Full Version : [ptb] Metal song ("Risen")

P.M.
11-24-2006, 03:48 PM
it's a song i've been working on the last couple days....it's kinda melodic metal or something, i dunno :D

danilo19
11-24-2006, 04:06 PM
its ok. nothing special kinda repetitive, but i did liek the first harmonized riff and the slow riff with the lead higher up on the fretboard.

Rock-god
11-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Man i love that 00000000 5 4 0 3 2 0 21 or whatever it is riff.

good.

altosaxgeek5
11-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Hmm. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It has a lot of nice riffs, but a lot of the time it seems like just a bunch of riffs thrown together to make a 5 minute song. The two riffs I like the most are the chromatic one at measure 7 (even though it's not something I've never heard before), and the 3/4 one at 43. Overall, especially in the 1st half, it sounds awkward to me because of all of the different time sig changes.

Crit mine?http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462265

gutsman
11-25-2006, 06:51 PM
yeah al these death metal riffs al sound the same. throw together 7 random notes with a couple of base notes and repeat it with a harmony and you got a song. not saying my stuff is good (far from it) but id never post stuff like this...

Albarranator
11-25-2006, 11:32 PM
yeah, It's good, but maybe if you use more chords, It could sound better.
Crit mine: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472905
This one too: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472872

Burning_Angel
11-26-2006, 12:58 AM
Hm.

Bar 7, 35, and 51 are cool. Its a bit repetitive and could definitley use some more chords.

Not great for melodeath, but certainly not bad.

Stolenidentity1
11-26-2006, 01:07 AM
yeah al these death metal riffs al sound the same. throw together 7 random notes with a couple of base notes and repeat it with a harmony and you got a song. not saying my stuff is good (far from it) but id never post stuff like this...

sorry if i sound like a @$$ but who will take advise or a crit from someone that spells all "al". and i dont see how you think death metal is seven random notes put together cause its not.

Anywho lol....It gets very repetive, and very random. The riffs just dont seem to match and such. The time sig changes arent that bad and ITS NORMAL FOR DEATH METAL OR MELO DEATH, its annoying seeing people say that for every death metal or prog metal etc. and its really slow and gets boring mainly cause its repetitive. Nice try though :peace:

gutsman
11-26-2006, 01:19 PM
sorry if i sound like a @$$ but who will take advise or a crit from someone that spells all "al". and i dont see how you think death metal is seven random notes put together cause its not.

Anywho lol....It gets very repetive, and very random. The riffs just dont seem to match and such. The time sig changes arent that bad and ITS NORMAL FOR DEATH METAL OR MELO DEATH, its annoying seeing people say that for every death metal or prog metal etc. and its really slow and gets boring mainly cause its repetitive. Nice try though :peace:

yeah. and im sure that people who inconsequently spell "repetitive" wrong are of a better kind. i mean shit man, i can take criticism, but don't piss on me when your own post was of no better quality then mine.

and i do like death metal, i listen to it a lot, but lately it seems that a lot of riffs i see posted on this board are very generic and have no creativity at all. i mean just listen to the opening riff of this song, to me it's just random notes thrown together and lacks any form of uniqueness.