Beyond the Apocalypse [GP5. MIDI, Metal]

PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the Apocalypse [GP5. MIDI, Metal]

Albarranator
11-25-2006, 05:43 PM
This is the first song I have made. I havenīt post i because I didnīt find the file, but now that I find It, here it is. The same as my other songs, thereīs no drums. Sorry for that. Crit :cool:

Pieceofmind019
01-24-2007, 05:44 PM
For your first song its well done. As far as the overall musicianship its impresive and technical, but could use some tweeking. Since there are two different aspects with the acoustic and heavy electric guitar your transitions have to be very well done, but that will come with practice.

Overall though its very impressive for your first song.

The Powerslave
01-26-2007, 08:03 AM
As Pieceofmind said for a first song its good, although it does show its a first song. For starters your bass is in the wrong tuning. Basses are tuned E2,A2,D3,G3. Some of your transistions are a bit sharp (bars 35-36, 95-96) Maybe for those 2 you could let the distortion ring out for a few more bars to smoothen it out? The solo section is good, but it can sound like you have come up with some good riffs and just put them together (125-126), although 117-118 is really good. The last transition to the end bit is very good, and the ending works perfectly. The only bit I'd really work on is the intro, where aside form the acoustic guitar, the other instruments seem to come in randomly, and it doesn't flow very well. Other than that though well done, very good for a first song.

Can you crit mine - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511892 Thanks

Spark1284
01-26-2007, 02:54 PM
the second acoustic riff is odd. the rest of the riffing is great and for a first song this is very impressive. i dont see a porblem with your transitions myself, its sumthing different asiide from the fade into and from. some things are a little out of tune but that could just be a common mistake. your solo needs work too, aside from being too quite its out of key. overall this was a good song, with a great effort. keep it up

Xtremelylow
06-20-2007, 03:19 PM
i like it acutally, not bad for your first.

vinguler
06-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Nice song, I liked only the intro with the clean guitar.
most of the song was, in my opinion, is not very good, anyway i can hear its ur first song.

6.5/10.

Telestar
07-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Good for your first, but bad for a song. Just sounds very odd and some of it isnt even melodic. Just sounds thrown together. 5/10