Why is it taking so long to load?

PDA

View Full Version : Why is it taking so long to load?

DorkusMalorkus
11-25-2006, 11:29 PM
It past weeks the UG pages (and UG pages only, no other sites) have been taking 20-30 seconds to load, while others pages from other sites load almost instantly. The peculiar things about this issue are that it doesn't occur (for me) in the morning (up until about 10 or 11 AM) and that it hasn't been happening to everybody.

There was a thread about this earlier, but for whatever reason the issue wasn't addressed by UG, and instead of reviving a thread that accomplished nothing, I am starting a new one.

The problem makes viewing tabs almost impossible, and browsing the forum a pain, and I think that it really needs to be addressed.

Thanks.

ANGERisaGIFT
11-25-2006, 11:34 PM
It is probably an ad script that is taking so long. If you happen to use Firefox, download the Adblock extension and block all of the ad scripts you see on this site. When a script for a banner ad or popup, or any other crap they use, isn't loading properly it halts the entire page before your browser times out and moves on.

hxc_triple_og
11-26-2006, 12:06 AM
maby theres too many people on ug at certain times slowing the server i suggest better server (if we can do that)

DorkusMalorkus
11-26-2006, 12:12 AM
It is probably an ad script that is taking so long. If you happen to use Firefox, download the Adblock extension and block all of the ad scripts you see on this site. When a script for a banner ad or popup, or any other crap they use, isn't loading properly it halts the entire page before your browser times out and moves on.
That can't be it. I get no ads from UG at all. None on the banner or any pop ups.